Chapter Twenty-Four

Ignore Miss Piggy

Chronophobia is the fear of the future.

Now, Addy wouldn't exactly say that she feared of the future. Yes, there was that constant fear of losing control one day, or maybe even having to face what she's become. She had the fear of not knowing what she was going to do in the future, what she was capable of doing.

The future held everything that she would become, and the present was what would form her future. It was normal to feel fear of what was going to happen next. It wasn't normal to feel terrified of being a part of something that could possibly end the lives of thousands of people. It was the not knowing what the Dread Doctors had planned for her in the future is what she feared.

Fear was nothing but in the mind. There was no point in being concerned for the future because it wasn't something that Addy could plan out or be prepared for. Sure, there's the few things in school that she learned that could help prepare her for what's to come, but nothing could prepare Scott and the rest of his pack for what was to come.

No stories or legends would be enough to save everyone. There were already people who lost their lives from what was to come and the process of making it happen. With everything going on, they never had time to prepare for the great plan.

They had a plan: to get Lydia out of Eichen house.

Scott had another plan of his own. After Addy had stopped crying and seemed mentally stable for at least a moment, he put it into action. He pulled away from the younger girl and smiled down at her.

He wanted to yell at her for going after the people that killed her the first time. He wanted lecture her about how dangerous it was, and how hurt she could have gotten. She was stupid to go looking for them, especially without telling anyone. And how she survived was a question he was dying to ask. Most importantly, he wanted to know why she wasn't healing.

But he didn't, because Scott knew that the last thing she needed right now was to be yelled at, and Addy was going to hate him enough after he followed his plan.

Scott McCall opened up his bedroom door and pushed her inside. Addy was extremely confused as he slammed the door in her face. She went to go push it open, but it wouldn't budge. He locked her in. She didn't realize why until there was a groan from behind her.

Liam sat up on Scott's bed, rubbing his head. With his other hand he rubbed his eyes. After a second, they focused on the beautiful girl with a scowl on her face. It had been over a week since he had seen her bright smile – or her at all. Not only was she not attending school, but she had put in an actual effort to avoid him.

"Scott, I swear to god, if you don't let me out of here right now, I'll burn your whole house down!" Addy yelled, slamming her fist against the door. He blocked the door off so it wouldn't budge from the inside. Neither of them were getting out anytime soon.

Liam stood at the foot of the bed, only feet away from the girl he loved. The temptation to fill the gap was almost too great to overcome. It would only result in another hit on his behalf and another bruise that would heal in minutes.

After realizing she wasn't getting out of the room, Addy spun on her heels. Liam held his head down, ashamed. An apology over a voicemail wasn't going to be enough to fix what was broken. She clenched her jaw and moved over to the bed, sitting against the headboard. Her arms were crossed and her gaze was anywhere but him.

"I don't know what you want me to do." Liam faced her. He didn't dare sit on the bed, so instead took the chair. "Just, tell me what I can do to fix this."