Chapter Six

Liam Dunbar sat heartbroken against the goal post. He didn't believe the words that came out of Addy's mouth, not a single one. She was angry at everything, depressed about her brother, and every other emotion in between ran through her veins. His brain didn't believe it, but his heart said otherwise.

Addison Ryder sat on the opposite goal post. What was she supposed to say now? Liam had been there for her through everything. He was trying to be again, but Addy had pulled the ultimate push. She knew her words had hurt him. She didn't need to be a werewolf to tell.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Yes."

They sat in silence once more. It was crazy how things had changed in seven months. Addy's only friends had been her brother and Luke, and now she didn't have either of them. Liam had fallen into her life, and she wanted to push him away. She wanted him to never talk to her again. But she knew that if he did, she would fall apart completely. Even if he didn't know it, Liam was the only thing that was keeping Addy together.

He and the others coincidentally were also the ones tearing her apart. Her life was normal before, and as soon as they met it all turned for the worst.  

"I wish-I wish I never started talking to you," Addy started. She could hear Liam sniffle from where he sat a few feet away. "I wish that I never got involved in all this shit. But... I never want our relationship to end. I never want to stop being friends with the pack, and I never want to lose the only family I have left."

Liam chuckled, a couple of tears streaking down his face. His eyes were puffy and he couldn't stop sniffling, but through all of that he chuckled. Everything was so ironic that it was hard not to find some sort of amusement in it. 

"I love you."

"I know," Addy wiped a hand over her cheeks to get rid of the tears. It was the first time he said that, and it had to possibly be the worst timing for her. Or in his case, it was the best. 

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I'm trying to. But I can't bring myself to do it."

"Do you want me to do it for you?"

"No." Addy sniffled. She wiped a hand under her nose and stood up from her spot. Liam watched her as she moved to stand in front of him. Her hand was stuck out in front of her. He grabbed it and she pulled him up. The two stood together, chests touching as they breathed. He wasn'y much taller than she was, over the summer he grew those few inches that allowed him to look down at her. 

"I love you too." Addison shakily smiled. They both had tears, It was hard not to have them. "So much, Liam Dunbar, that I don't think I could ever break up with you."

Liam leaned into her, closing the minimal space between them. The kiss they shared was different than any of the ones before. There was so much more feeling in it, so much more love and affection. It was something Addy wanted to feel every day. It was something Liam wanted to give every day.

"I'm in love with you, Addison Ryder, and I don't want you to ever break up with me."

Addy wiped her thumbs under his eyes. Lovingly, her hand traveled through his hair and rested on the back of his neck. "I don't want to go back to class," Addy sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. She placed her hand on his chest so she could feel how fast his heart was beating. It was probably just as fast as hers.

"Then let's skip."

"We can't. I promised Brayden..." Addy trailed off at the mention of his name. She promised him that this year was going to be different, and that she would focus on her grades. She wasn't going to get detention. It was going to be different. Tenth grade was going to be the year that she got her life back on track and focused on her grades.