Chapter Thirty

"My dad's got an APB out–"

"For a five foot eight, sixteen year old?"

"I recommended nine foot tall rampaging werewolf," Stiles offered. They were seated around the kitchen counter, waiting for Scott to get up. He was out really early the night before, his body exhausted and healing. He needed the rest. Addy had her fingers intertwined with Liam's under the counter.

Now that he had her again, he wasn't letting go. The night before held so many emotions, and they both thoroughly enjoyed each one of them. However, the night would probably be the last they would get in a while because if they didn't figure out how to save Mason, then a lot of people were going to die.

"It still might not be him," Liam defended. He talked to Addy about it in the morning, but she was hesitant to get his hopes up. "But Hayden's at the school looking."

"I can keep checking the woods," Malia offered.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him." Scott rounded the corner, fully dressed and well rested. They all seemed in better shape than they had been over the past few days.

"What happens then?" Addy asked.

"We figure out a way to save him," Scott announced. Lydia was the one who knew the most. She had gotten the story from Gerard and Chris. The story of the first hunter, and how she killed the Beast the first time. But they didn't want to kill the Beast, not until Mason was safe. And it was going to be impossible to figure out how to separate the two.

"Okay, where else could we look?" Lydia asked.

"Let's ask Corey." Scott suddenly reached his hand out and grabbed the material of a shirt. Corey became visible, surprising everyone that he was in the room with them. Ruby red eyes stared at the scared boy, who stuttered over his words.

"Wait. Wait, it's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him..."

"Who?"

Addy's jaw clenched. "The Dread Doctors," she answered. Corey nodded his head, and Scott loosened his grip.

)(      *      )(

"How stupid are we to be doing this?" Liam asked

"I'm going to rip his throat out," Addy almost growled. Her hands at her sides became fists, and her eyes glowed.

"Stop that." Scott shook her out of her daze. "And we're not stupid; we're desperate."

The three of them reached the boys' locker room where they unfortunately set up a meeting with the one person that knew the most about the Dread Doctors, and the one person Addy was willing to kill. She wanted to kill. Theo Raeken and his bitch, Tracy Stewart. However, he was right. They needed to do what they needed to save Mason. And that included talking to him.

"How desperate?" Addison raised an eyebrow, her hands still in fists.

"Incredibly desperate." Scott grimaced as he opened the door. Liam shrugged at her. Scott knew what he was doing.

"I told you we'd end up on the same side," Theo said. He stood up tall while Tracy leaned against one of the lockers.

"How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Liam smirked. Theo chuckled at the threat.

"I love this kid."

"I don't." The only member of Theo's pack stood up and walked closer to Liam.

"Back off," Addy hissed, stepping in front of him. Tracy continued walking forward, her claws extending and lightly tracing over Addy's cheek. A little more pressure and she would be paralyzed. She didn't budge, and her heart rate didn't rise, but rather, she looked deep into her eyes and smirked.