Chapter Seven

Addy, Liam, and Scott rushed down the hallway in the hospital. Lydia had gotten hurt at the Sheriff's department, and they were on their way to see how she was doing. The two quickly informed him about the hole they found the other night, and the new one they had just found.

"Tracy was buried?"

"In a hole: buried, crawled out. Then we found another hole," Liam explained. They were still freaked out by the whole thing, pun unintended. Addy followed behind the two boys, anxiously scratching her wrist. It was a habit she thought she had broken, but apparently not.

"Who was buried in that one?" Scott asked. If there was more than one thing like Tracy, they were going to need to find them fast. Addy said that they didn't know who it was, but they sure as well were going to have to find out. Whatever Tracy was, they couldn't have more of her running around.

It was in the elevator that Scott's phone rang. His eyes widened when he saw who was calling him. "It's your brother. It's Brayden, Addy. What do you want me to do?" Scott asked. He wasn't going to do something she didn't want him to. Liam could see how nervous she was. He wrapped his arms around her as she stood there shocked.

"Uh, I don't know. Just Find out what he wants. Just don't tell him where I am." Addy was panicking on the inside. She didn't know what he wanted to say to Scott or if he even planned to rip a new one into him. For all she knew, he could be blaming him for what she was - even though he didn't know what Scott was either. 

Brayden had always been the one to protect his little sister. He was always there whenever he needed her except for the one time that she needed him most. This was an entire side of her life that she was opening up to him and she was terrified  to do it - and with good reason. He had given her the one reaction that she feared she would get. 

Scott took a deep breath before pressing the answer button. He looked wearily between the two sophomores, unsure of what was going to happen next. Addy's grip on Liam tightened to the point that he winced. "Hello...? Yeah, I saw her at school today... I think her phone's dead... No, I'm not sure where she is."

The elevator doors opened, but Addy didn't move until Liam started dragging her along with him. She couldn't hear anything her brother was saying. She couldn't tell if he was worried about her, or just wanted to know if she got herself killed. "Look, can I call you back? This isn't really a good time... I'll let you know if I see her."

Addy didn't get the chance to ask what he had said as they caught up with the pack. The whole conversation was a blur to her, everything went in one ear and out the other. She couldn't focus on any of that; not when her brother had taken the time to call Scott and see where she was. 

She needed to know what Brayden said to Scott, but he was right, it was bad timing. They had bigger, more dangerous issues on their hands rather than family drama. Although they cared about her emotions, it wasn't their top priority at the moment and she knew that she had to accept that. 

The four were-somethings around her could hear how fast her heart was thumping in her chest. They could smell the blood on her wrist as she scratched and scratched. She didn't stop until – surprisingly – Theo grabbed her hand. "You okay?" he whispered. Addy shook her head no and actually started paying attention to the conversation. At least that would keep her mind off of Brayden. 

"But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others. The guys in the masks," Malia urged. No one believed her. Why would they? They were guys in masks who could just appear and disappear. It was hard to believe. Not only that, but they didn't want to believe it - they could only handle so much at once.