Chapter Thirteen

Theo Raeken found Liam and Hayden.

They were sitting in the backseat of his truck together. Liam was trying to take Hayden's pain still. Theo hadn't told either of them about Addy. He couldn't be the one to tell them, not here at least. Neither of them had said much. The few words exchanged were asking if each other was alright. Liam had finally figured out how to take her pain when grabbing her hand.

It wasn't until they got to Scott's house did Theo's heart start to beat faster. Liam noticed it and asked why. He didn't said anything but led the two inside, where Lydia was waiting.

Corey had gone home. He wanted to get away from those people. With a dead body kept up in the bedroom and an alpha digging into his brain with his claws, it was time to leave. Scott had gone through some stuff that he probably wouldn't have if Addy was still there.

He couldn't let Liam and Hayden share the same fate. He couldn't let them die. It was why he had gone through such drastic measures to get them back. He still hadn't found them. Malia, Mason, and him had searched for hours and came up with nothing.

"Where's Addy?" Liam expected to be devoured in a hug as soon as he walked through that door. He was left with an awkward silence and a teary-eyed banshee. "Lydia?"

"Liam..."

"Where is she?" Hayden was set down on the couch. She felt weak, even when the pain was taken away. Liam's heart rate went up. He just wanted to see his girlfriend.

"She's gone, Liam. Addy's gone." Lydia sniffled. She tried to keep herself composed. It didn't work.  If she was in that much pain she couldn't imagine what Liam was feeling, he was in love with her. They spent almost every living minutes together during the summer. 

Liam caught Addy's scent. It was different, off; it wasn't the same. He ran up the stairs, Theo trailing after him. It wasn't true, it couldn't be true. She couldn't be dead. 

Addison was laying on Scott's bed still. Her curly hair was laying everywhere, and the peaceful look on her face made it look like she was sleeping. Liam knew instantly that she wasn't sleeping because her heart was no longer beating. The only heart beat he could hear was his own and Theo's.

A loud sob escaped his mouth. He fell to his knees at the foot of the bed. Theo wrapped his arms around him. It was the only thing that could really comfort the saddened werewolf at the moment. He had tears as well, the two were friends, in fact they were probably the closest between the rest of the pack. 

Addy was dead, and there was nothing they could do. He should have tried and stopped her that night. He should have just woken up instead of dozing off again. There wasn't much to think about it at the time. For all he knew, she could have just been going to a bathroom that was a little more private.

But if she had stayed, would she really have a different fate? Would she even still be alive? The Dread Doctors could have taken her with Hayden and him, and they could have killed her, or have brought her so close to death that she would beg for it.

It could have been worse if she had stayed, but it could have also been better. Addy could have still been alive if he had tried harder, or even tried at all. He remember the whispered 'I love you' right before she left. He never got to say it back before he had fallen asleep.

Liam would never get to see her bright smile again, the one that he wanted to see every day. It had made him happier every time he saw it, and he would love her a little bit more every time he saw that little grin.

He wouldn't be able to see the way her eyes shined when he said 'I love you' or the way they crinkled when she laughed. The way her nose scrunched up when she was confused, and her constant nervous twitching.

He would never get to hear her voice again. Or when she was ranting about something that was bugging her, her words would always start to jumble together and she had to stop and take a breath. When she wanted something and her voice was be sickly sweet and full of joy. No, no more words would come out of her mouth. 

Liam cried and cried until no tears would come out anymore, his emotions were so haywire that his werewolf eyes shone bright. It continued until the dry sobs echoed through the whole house. Lydia's heart broke for him. She had gone through heartbreaks, but none like that.

Hayden wasn't doing well either. She hadn't known Addy as much as the others, but they became friends in the few weeks they had known each other. Addy had died protecting her, and that was something that could never be repaid. Although they were still captured, Hayden felt like Addy had done so much. It was the bravery more than the result.

Liam eventually fell asleep. Theo carried him to the small cushioned chair in the room. He knew the beta wouldn't want to be far from Addy. 

The three that had no luck looking for the sophomores showed up next. They saw Hayden asleep on the couch, a blanket placed over her. They thought the worse at first; that Liam hadn't made it. Scott and Malia could hear his heartbeat from upstairs. They knew that he had found out about Addy. They smell the chemo signals from the distraught werewolf, even while asleep.

Theo gave them all hugs. They were extremely grateful that he had found them, and that they were safe. At least they made it back safe. 

Mason held onto him the longest. Liam was his best friend. He already lost one, and he didn't want to lose the other. The realization that Addy was dead still hadn't fully hit him. He was still in shock. The adrenaline that he had while trying to find Liam faded away, and it was then that he realized she wasn't coming back.

Scott slowly trekked up the stairs. Stiles was right. They were going to have to let whoever took the bodies take her. The door to his room was closed, and when he opened it, he saw an awake Liam holding onto Addy's hand like it was the only thing keeping him together.

It was the first time Addison Ryder's body was cold. The warm heat that usually surrounded her was gone and was replaced with a deathly cold one. Her fingers weren't warm. They were freezing as Liam held onto them.

It was true; her touch was the only thing that was keeping him together. His breathing was ragged, and the few sobs that came out made him want to puke. The simple thought made him want to puke. She was gone.

Addison Ryder was gone.

)(       *       )(

word count: 1200

August 3, 2016

I noticed a lot less reads since Addy's death, so if you're reading this thank you very much for continuing on and let me tell you this:

You're in for one hell of an emotional ride. 

have fun.