Chapter Twenty

After arguing about finding Theo and how they were going to find him, it was decided that the chimera would want to find both Stiles and Addy himself. They drove to Scott's house, the house surrounded by mountain ash. Stiles completed the circle after entering.

Scott unlocked the front door with Addy right behind him. She was the one who sat in the front seat on the drive over. Stiles couldn't even look over at his friend (ex-friend?). It was awkward between the three of them. Addy hadn't forgiven herself from Scott, and Stiles was beyond mad at the alpha. Addison was feeling sorry for him, but she couldn't pick sides.

They each had their own reasons. Stiles had every right to be mad about the almost killing of his father, but not at Scott. It should have been directed at Theo. Scott was busy trying to keep himself alive, and it wasn't his fault he was trapped in the school. They were both her friends and losing either one of them would be devastating.

The sun was rising as Stiles and Addy sat on the steps. Her fists clenched and unclenched at her sides. She wanted to beat the shit out of Theo, but Stiles had insisted that he only wanted to talk to him, not fight him. She was going to listen. Stiles was older; he knew more. He knew how to handle things, and she was trusting his instinct. Although she would rather rely on her own.

Twenty minutes of awkward silence and sore butts, Theo strolled up to the door. He could hear Addy's heart rate rise at him presence and smell the anger rolling off of her. He stopped at the door frame and looked down at the line of mountain ash. After smirking, he easily stepped over it, proving that he wasn't an actual werewolf.

"Guess we're all telling the truth now."

Stiles threw a bloody shirt at Theo, which he easily caught. Addy had a continual glare at him, and either he didn't notice or he didn't care. Stiles was a little nervous with her look, it was deadly. "You killed my best friend."

"To be honest, Stiles, is he still really your best friend?" Addy tensed up and sat up straighter; though the statement didn't seem to faze Stiles.

"You left my father to die," he continued. She was refraining herself to say or do anything. Trust Stiles. He's smart, he knows what he's doing, trust him.

"If I wanted him to die, I wouldn't have told you where you can find him."

"Then why are they saying that his body is shutting down? That some toxin's poisoning him, and they don't know how to stop it?" That was news to Addy. Last she heard, he was doing fine. It must have been why Stiles was so riled up about Scott; the doctors didn't know how to fix his dad. And he blamed his friend for not doing anything about it.

"I'm not the bad guy, Stiles. I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know–"

"Yeah, and what do you know?" Addy snarled, standing up beside her friend. Her muscles were straining against the tight shirt she worse, and she was ready to fight at any moment. Stiles just needed to give her the go. Theo knew that he didn't stand a chance against Addison if she tried again. 

That was the difference between the two of them. Theo had no fear to kill someone for his own benefit. He didn't care who got hurt as long as he got what he wanted in the end of it. Addy was different, she had the same views as Scott. Though she knew had no issue with hurting people, she could never go as far as killing someone. 

"I know what's coming. I know what the Dread Doctors created," Theo spoke. Knowing what they were planning and that they were close to accomplishing him nearly scared him. They were creating an unstoppable monster. "Lydia figured it out. I saw it in her memories."

Addy glared at him harder - if that was even possible. "Yeah, right after you drove her out of her mind," she snapped. Stiles had been right to not trust him from the start, she felt like a fool for believing his lies. He brought her comfort in her time of weakness and that was why she trusted him so easily.