Chapter Twenty-Eight

"So what happened last night?" the sophomore jumped nearly a foot in the air when Kira Yukimura slammed herself into the locker next to Addy's. Lydia and Malia were on the other side of her, trapping Addy between them. The textbook she held fell to the floor with a loud thud that was washed out from the chatter of everyone else.

"Fuck, don't do that!" she yelled. Addy reached down and grabbed her book, shoving it in the locker. It wasn't like science or any other classes she was or she wasn't doing well in it really mattered at the moment. Her grades were going to hell again, but it wasn't really her priority at the moment. The locker door was slammed shut and she tried walking past the girls, but they blocked her off. "Move."

"Answer the question," Lydia demanded. After glaring at her, Addy spun on her feet to face the kitsune, who stepped back from her threatening look.

"What happened with you and Scott last night?" she retaliated. A red blush fell on her cheeks, and a stumble of words passed her lips. "Yeah, that's what I thought. I have class to get to."

"Hey, you never answered us!" Malia shouted down the hall.

Addy turned, still walking backwards. "There's nothing to tell!" At that, she raised her free arm up in the air, her middle finger even higher.

With a sway in her step, Addy Ryder walked down the hall to her first class. She was curious as to how they knew something happened the night before, but she was sure it had something to do with a certain M. Stilinski.

Addy got cornered by the seniors once more after her class ended. This time, however, it was the boys. They squished her between them as they walked down the hall. A scowl was plastered on her face, and a glare settled on her two friends. Why couldn't they just leave it be?

"So, what happened?"

"Yeah, by the way, thanks for scaring the hell out of me," Stiles muttered. Addy shrugged; she could handle herself. "Fess up. Something went down last night, and after what you put us through, we deserve to know."

"Deserve?" Addy scoffed. "If I get asked one more time what happened, you're gonna deserve a fire poker up–"

"Alright," Stiles cut her off. His body shivered with fear at the intense imagery she had given him. "Jesus, this one's angry." Addy glared at him, her eyes flashing as well. He gulped, taking a step away from her. "Very, very angry."

"Nothing went down last night. I made sure he was okay, and then went home. Nothing else happened, okay? Nothing. No one-look, it doesn't matter. It's none of your business," Addy snapped. She closed her locker with enough force to nearly knock it off the hinges. A normal day sounded perfect to her at the moment. She would take a full day of classes with Mrs. Row rather than be questioned about her and Liam's relationship again.

"Liar," Scott called her out. A blush spread across her cheeks. It was true that they didn't do anything, but she was still caught in a lie. Nothing went down with Liam and Addy: nothing.

"Oh, I think I'm going to be sick." Stiles exaggeratedly gagged.

"Shut the fuck up, Stilinski. Nothing like that happened. Besides, how many times did you and Malia bang? Huh?" Addy smirked at his shocked face. "That's right."

"You still haven't answered the question," Scott piped up, bringing the topic back to its original purpose. "How much do you want to bet Liam will tell me if I ask?"

"Alright, fine," Addy sighed. "I may have, sort of, kinda, forgave him? And then stayed the night, but that was it. It was late and I didn't want to bother his parents so I slept on the couch downstairs." Liam was forgiven in her books, although not forgotten. She was giving him one more chance to redeem himself, and if even ever even considered anything like that again, she was done: completely done with him. He wasn't going to. Liam promised himself that he was never going to hurt his friends again.