"I know you hate being away from him for so long, but it's what's best for him." He sets and I roll my eyes, "I know that Jax, I was the one who suggested it. It still hurts though."

He walks forward and pulls me against him, his arms wrapped around my middle as he looks me in the eye, "I know, and I miss him too. But we're protecting him from all this. Once it's over, he can come over all he likes. I know Abel misses him a lot."

I nod my head, looking towards the ground when he lifts my head up with his index finger, making me meet his eyes, "Hey, don't feel bad."

"I can't help it, you should've heard the disappointment in his voice Jax. He sounds heartbroken." I whisper.

"At least he's safe." He states.

I look at him for a moment and nod my head before wrapping my arms around his neck and holding onto him tightly. He pulls me against him and buries his head in my neck, the both of us just standing there for a moment. I hear keys in the front door and we both turn to see Neeta walk in, "Oh, I'm sorry!" She says, looking away embarrassed.

I shake my head as Jax and I pull away from each other, "It's fine Neeta. The boys are asleep."

She nods and goes to put her bag down on the table when Jax's phone goes off. He pulls it out and reads it for a moment before looking at it confused.

"Everything okay babe?" I ask.

"It's Ope. He wants to meet us at the crematorium." He says, reading the message.

"Why?" I ask, wondering what's going on.

"I don't know, but let's go find out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pull up out front of the crematorium where the bodies are burned. Jax and I get off the bike, leaving our helmets behind as we make our way towards the door. Jax opens it up and I feel the heat coming from the furnace. I turn and see Unser and Opie standing there, Piney's bloodied jacket in Ope's hand with a broken look on his face. I glance towards the furnace and see a box burning inside, the smell of flesh reaching my nose and it all makes sense.

"Oh my god." I whisper, the both of us walking further into the room.

"What happened?" Jax asks, his mouth wide open.

"I found him up at the cabin. Shotgun to the chest." Opie states and I let out a gasp, my hands reaching to my cover my mouth as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Jesus Christ." Jax whispers.

"Ope." I sob, walking forward and throwing my arms around him.

I hold onto him tightly and he holds me back, his hands gripping at my shirt. Jax comes forward and embraces us both, "I'm so sorry."

"Yeah." Ope says after a moment we pull away, taking in his hard face.

"You think it was the Mexicans?" Jax asks and Ope just looks at him, "I'll fill you in. I just wanted to say goodbye." He says turning to the burning box.

"I know that he'd want you here." He murmurs.

I reach forward and take his hand in mine, squeezing it gently and Jax nods, "Yeah, okay."