He stands a bit taller and I can tell I pissed him off, his expression stern. He is just about to say something when his eyes glance at something behind me, his lips pulling in a smirk. "Oh, I get it why you're so confident. I see you have found my precious secret weapon. Have fun while you can."

I frown in confusion, turning my head to look behind me. Elena is standing there, looking sick, her face pale. I grit my teeth, turning my attention back to the fuckface. "Get the fuck out. Now!"

He winks at her, giving her a slight wave, my anger finally getting the best of me. My free hand grabs his collar, pulling him to me while I press the barrel of my gun under his jaw, pushing it upward. His soldiers immediately begin walking toward us, which makes Hazard soldiers do the same. However, he lifts his hand, signalling his army to stop moving.

"Looks like I hit a nerve," he smugly says. "My job here is done. You have been warned, so expect our next encounter real soon." He pries my hands away harshly, taking a step back before looking at Elena once again, much longer than necessary. He then turns around, slowly and proudly walking back toward his army.

I don't move from my position until I make sure every last one of them is gone, ignoring everyone's attempts to pull me back inside the base. When the landscape clears, I reluctantly turn around, angrily marching back inside the base. I bump into a few soldiers on my way to the gym, not bothering to apologise, guessing I probably look like an angry beast. 

I throw away the gun in my hand the second I step inside my training room, slamming the door behind me.  My hands lift the hems of my shirt, pulling it off my body and tossing it on the ground.  My bandaged knuckles harshly hit the punching bag, the very familiar surge of pain and satisfaction coursing through me. I hit it again and again and again. 

In my eyes, Seth is guilty for my misfortune. The fault is not only mine, it's his as well, it belongs to his whole base. The more I think about it, the angrier I get, violently slamming my fists into the bag, tearing the skin on my knuckles. Grunts leave my mouth with each punch, perspiration glistening on my body, droplets trickling down my face, torso and back. My chest suddenly tightens and I know what follows after that, putting more strength into my punches, wanting to avoid it.

"Harry, it's not safe," Liam warned me quietly after I had finished my speech. "You know I'm always up for anything you come up with, but you can't mess with Vortex. You don't have enough experience. And this time I'm not talking about sex."

I cringed, giving Liam a look as he said the last line, glancing at a small group of my best soldiers huddled behind him, thankfully talking among themselves. He winked, mouthing "I love you." while pointing at me.

"Don't worry, Li, that's why I'm going with him," the familiar voice said, bringing a smile to my face. I felt him pat me on the back then ruffle my hair. "Someone has to make sure little Harry doesn't shoot himself."