I throw a glance over my shoulder, realising we have a small audience consisting of the people who were at the meeting.  Louis and Liam's smug grins make me roll my eyes, my mouth expelling a sigh. Luckily, the lift arrives and the doors slide open, my hand grabbing Elena's instinctively, pulling her inside the lift with me, ignoring the same sensation I felt moments ago.  I immediately punch a random button, waiting for the doors to close, my hand still enveloped around hers. My friend's amused faces are the last thing I see before the doors close.

"Okay, what the fuck?" I ask, my hand releasing hers, my body turning so I can face her properly. "First of all, you're in no position to demand anything here, second of all, I don't have to explain myself to you. I don't trust you and that's it."

"I get the trust part, but your reaction is not logical," she argues. "Why would I expose myself to danger and go through the trouble of speaking with Ace to prevent the war if I'm a traitor? I'm not that stupid to work against the base which is currently my safe haven."

My eyebrows pull in a frown as my gaze locks with her fierce one, one part of me refusing to agree with her while the other is telling me to listen to her. "What if when you're out there, forced to fight the people you most probably know, you decide you want to side with them?"

"That won't happen, and you know why? My brother and I need you, but you also need us," Elena says. "I won't ask you to trust me because I'd be asking a lot, but I'm asking you to put your faith in your leader and friends since they have decided to trust us."

The lift reaches its destination in that moment, but before anyone can walk in or out, I glare at the people in front, making all of them take a step back in the same time. That's right, back off. I push a button, glaring at them until the doors close.

I approach Elena, the familiar thick tension somehow appearing between us as my eyes stare into hers. "And what guarantee do I have?"

"I don't know how much that means to you, but you have my word," she replies, her tongue poking out to wet her lips, leaving a glistening trail behind.

"Is that so?" I mumble, my eyes dropping to her lips. I don't exactly know what happened, but my anger has diminished, her words having a calming effect on me. Her proximity, however, has an entirely different effect, causing my heart to speed its pace and my lungs to search for more air.

She feels the tension too, I can tell by the quick rise and fall of her chest and her sudden stiff posture as she waits for my next move, or stopping herself from making any, I'm not sure. I tentatively step closer to her, limiting her space and letting her know what my intentions are. I'm acting solely on instinct, if I were to let my brain take over, the situation would take a different turn.

Before the lift could interrupt us again, I quickly flick the small lever, causing the lift to come to a sudden halt. My attention is quickly brought back to Elena, her lips appearing even more desirable than moments ago, my attraction towards her growing by the minute. She's not indifferent to me either, especially since she's not speaking anything with that smart mouth of hers, not to mention the hazel colour of her eyes is barely visible due to her dilated pupils. As I approach her again, her back meets the wall, one of my palms pressing against the roundness of her soft cheek, feeling the smooth skin.

I said I don't trust her moments ago and now I'm about to kiss her. What's wrong with me?

My head dips lower, my lips hovering centimetres over hers as I await for her to possibly push me away, but she never does. Instead, her lips meet mine halfway, their soft surface moving against mine slowly. I soon feel her hands on my waist, her fingers fisting the material of my shirt, pulling my body closer to hers.

I move my lips a bit more roughly, intensifying the already sensual kiss. My nose brushes against hers, my other hand settling on her bum, gripping the flesh, her mouth eliciting a soft moan as a response to my action. When her teeth suddenly pull at my lip ring, my hips press into hers, a throaty groan emitting from me.

One more time and I'll be forced to abort mission again.

The hand that was previously cupping her cheek slides into her hair, my fingers wrapping the strands of her ponytail around them, gently tugging at it. Her head tips back slightly, her fingertips skimming over my waist, ribs, and eventually chest, leaving a tingling trail wherever she touched me. My mouth is still restlessly working with hers, my mind blocking any coherent thoughts.

I don't know how long it's been when I feel her palms lightly push at my chest, our actions immediately coming to an end, leaving us breathless, with lips swollen and parted. A realisation we've been too long in this lift dawns upon me, my hand quickly flicking the lever again, the lift starting to move again.

"Always so distracting, tiger," I comment while turning towards the doors, my hands fixing my shirt before I quickly bend to pick up the bandana I've somehow dropped without noticing. My fingers push my curls back before I wrap the bandana around my head, tying them back.

The doors open, confused expressions of soldiers waiting for the lift greeting us before we quickly leave the lift, awkwardly speed-walking toward the exit. My eyes take a quick glance at Elena, noticing her flushed cheeks and a smile gracing her lips, causing one to appear on my own.

"Troublemaker," I mumble as we leave the main building, my smile faltering now that everyone can see me, but my amusement still present.

"Oh, I'm a troublemaker? I believe we've both broken a few rules not only today but a few days ago as well," she replies and I know very well she's talking about our other kiss, the memory still fresh in my mind.

"No rules, remember?" I ask, my hands clasped behind my back.

"No rules." Her smile grows.

"Act natural," I say. "I don't want anyone to get suspicious."

Her expression quickly becomes serious and she even waits for me to be two steps ahead of her. I take a sudden turn toward the gym, hoping she'll take a hint and follow me, considering we can't be seen talking anywhere else. I throw a quick glance over my shoulder, seeing her trailing behind me. My feet are quick to carry me into my training room, my hand grabbing Elena's for the second time today, pulling her inside with me after I make sure no one can see us.

Once I close the door, I spin around to face her. "You can go." When I take in her confused expression, I add, "on that mission. You and Alex have my permission."

Her eyebrows furrow in surprise, lips parting. "Really? Why the sudden change?"

"You can be persuasive," I say. "You were right, my reaction wasn't logical."

"Thank you," Elena replies, her body moving towards the door. "Don't worry, I won't mention what happened between us to anyone. . . sir."

I nod, but before she can turn and leave, my hand slips under her jaw, my lips leaving a quick kiss on hers. "Don't make me regret my decision."

"I won't."