However, a firm and loud "no" is his reply. "I don't trust you, especially not with something this delicate. Leave the room, now."

"Sir, I can help you, if you would just give me a chance-"

"That's an order!"

I grit my teeth and stand straight, catching Tyler's smug expression on my way out of the room, making sure to bump my shoulder into his.  I don't bother to close the door, stomping down the hallway. I know what would this potential war bring and I'm not going to let that happen. I'm confident enough in what I claimed back there that I'm going to try to leave the base and talk to Ace.  I know this can be fixed without anyone else dying and if H won't give me a chance, then I'll do it myself.

After checking the gym and not finding Alex there, I decide to go on the west side to look for him. Since I'm planning to break the rules anyway, one more won't do any more harm.  I get stares as I shamelessly step onto their side, making my way toward the army building.  I can see the soldiers don't exactly know what to do considering ever since everyone found out about our tattoos, they've been either avoiding us or trying to insult us. Unfortunately for them, Alex and I don't care.

Luckily, I went to check his flat on Sunday when we're allowed to visit each other, so I know where to look for him.  I ignore the looks sent my way, making sure to glare at anyone who tries to approach me. After a short ride in the lift, I make my way down the empty hallway, reaching Alex's flat.  He's sharing it with Niall since it's big enough for more than one person.

I begin knocking on the door repeatedly, knowing it will piss him off and he'll open it faster. I hear him curse loudly, telling me to piss off, which makes me knock with both hands.  After a few seconds, the door flies open, Alex's annoyed expression coming into view.

"Whaaat, how are you here?" He asks in confusion as I step inside, closing the door behind me.

"I need your help." I look him in the eyes, pulling my lips in a tender smile. 

He looks at me for a few moments before bursting into laughter. "Oh, no no no. I know that look," he points a finger at me, "and that look means trouble, and it means I'll have to do some shit for you, and it won't be pleasant. So, nope. Nein. Niet."

"So, here's what I'm thinking," I start, ignoring his statement and earning a groan from him. "This attack might be our chance, Alex. I go talk to Ace, get on his good side, become a messenger between the two bases, and in a couple of months, maybe weeks, we'll be good to go."

"You make it sound so bloody easy while in fact, you're talking about befriending a leader of another base. You're not the greatest at making friends, in fact, I think you'd actually help start a war."

"I talked to him once, I can talk to him again. We need their alliance, Alex, and you know it."

"Yes, but that's because you were doing it in the name of Vortex. We kept his soldiers as hostages for fuck's sake, of course he had to agree to listen to you."

"And he'll do it now," I insist. "You know I can do it. I convinced David to let us stay here, I convinced H to let us move into different buildings, I can do this. If Hazard gets in war with Rogue, Vortex will seize the opportunity and we're as good as dead. I'm not going back there," I say the last part quietly, my tone pleading.

He stares at me for a few moments, determined look in his eyes gradually softening. At last, he groans loudly in resignation. "I hate you, Lenny, I really do."

I smile, knowing I've won. But before I can tell him my plan, Niall walks into the room, his icy blue eyes flicking back and forth between us.  "Okay, it's obvious who's the intruder here," he says. "Alex, get out." He winks at me, a cheeky smile stretching his lips.