He raises his eyebrow and I swear I see the corners of his lips twitch. "You'd like an assignment, huh? Not yet, panda, be patient."

Yet another nickname he's used to describe me makes me laugh. "Panda? Really?"

"I guess you know why." He motions toward my face, his index finger circling in the air under my eyes. "As to the assignment, your brother and you still need to train and observe how things work here. I'll decide at the end of next week."

I simply nod in response, respecting his decision. I've learned H responds to obedience the best, especially when I show him I understand he's in charge.  As much as I don't like it, I do acknowledge his authority, and that will make my stay here a lot more pleasant. I watch him leave before my eyes survey the room, trying to find Tori, who is in charge of my training for whatever reason.  I figure it has something to do with H, he probably wants her to keep an eye on me. I wouldn't be surprised.

"Horan is staring at you," Jess comments amusedly as she approaches me.

"Who's Horan?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Niall," Tori cuts in. "Five foot eight of walking pick up lines."

"Oh yeah, I can tell he's a player," I reply, glancing at him, our eyes meeting. He winks at me and smiles, continuing with his training. "I was onto him since the moment I first saw him. Uses his big blue eyes and innocent face to his advantage. No tattoos or piercings unlike most of the soldiers here. Smart and efficient."

"Nice observation, the description is spot on," Jess compliments. "He's not that bad, he's just a big flirt. His adorable looks are definitely helpful, I mean look at those baby blue eyes, aww. He also has the cutest little bum."

"Yesterday you were saying what you'd like to do to Liam, today is Niall's turn, and whose turn is tomorrow?" Tori remarks.

"Well sue me, everyone is so fuckable in here, this shouldn't be allowed," Jess says, her hand waving in the air as she motions around the gym.

"I know the struggle," I comment, H's beautiful face flashing before my eyes, green eyes bright and intense, brown curls thick and messy. Now, that face shouldn't be allowed. But I'm glad it exists.

The three of us begin to chat as we do warm up exercises. As I laugh at Jess' and Tori's banter about boys, I realise I'm pleased I've managed to find people I can connect with so fast.  For the past three years my brother has been the closest thing I've had to a friend.  When war is a part of your every day life, you can't allow yourself to get too attached to anyone since there's always a chance you won't see them ever again when they walk out.

"Oh, you're still alive," a female accented voice says. The same voice that taunted me to return the punch yesterday. "How are your wounds?"

I turn my head and look up at her from my mat, my eyes narrowing to slits as I glare at her bruised face and fake smile. "I'd ask the same, but I don't care."

"This is merely a souvenir." She points to her wound.

"Want another one?" I challenge, prepared to fight her.

"I would love to see you try," she spits.

"Lia, don't," Tori warns her. "Leave."

"You don't know who are you sitting with," Lia tells her bitterly, looking at me.

The fuck is her problem? I should be the pissed one here considering she cheated and beat the shit out of me. Instead of starting a fight, I stand up and smile as politely as I can before walking past her. Kill them with kindness, right?