Chapter 4

Harry

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Not only did the girl; whose name I couldn't force myself to memorise; in front of me show disrespect and throw a knife at me but she belongs to the base that is our worst enemy.  The black flame tattoo on her bicep brings back unwanted memories and only makes my blood boil.  It feels so wrong, it is wrong to see it here; this is my safe haven, away from them. I don't understand how could David allow her and her brother to stay, exposing all of us to danger? I intend to find that out.

Her eyes are slightly widened, but other than that, she seems unphased by the fact I discovered her. "I can explain," she says in a firm tone.

"Explain what?" I ask harshly. "Are you a bloody spy or something? I swear I won't hesitate to. . ." I pause before I can finish my threat, deciding not to let my anger to take over. "You're coming with me right away."

"Coming where?" She asks and her tone is not rude or firm, but her arms folded over her chest are telling me she's not going to obey easily.  I'm starting to think she can't follow orders. It's not surprising, she belongs to the base filled with barbaric soldiers with no mercy towards anyone, and with only one goal; power.

"You're lucky to still be alive, so I advise you not to provoke me and do as I said," I warn her. "Follow me."  I walk out of the room, not checking if she's doing it; for her own good she should.

"H!" Louis calls, my head turning in his direction. His blue eyes flick back and forth between me and the girl. "Everything okay?" He looks genuinely concerned, it's almost like he expected me to kill her.

"Go back to your duties, soldier," I order him, being on the verge.

He nods, reluctantly obeying me, but not before he looks at the girl, giving her a small encouraging smile.

"If you would just let me explain--" she starts, but I lift my hand, cutting her off.

"Follow me in silence," I say, walking down the hallway, toward the exit.

"No," she suddenly says, making me stop in my tracks. I turn around, glaring at her. "Alright, I have the flame tattoo. But I do not belong to Vortex. I never did and I never will. My brother and I are not a threat to you," she says firmly, standing her ground.

If she wasn't a spy, intruder, liar, whatever the hell she is, I'd admire that. Not many people dare to even look me in the eyes, let alone throw a fucking knife at me. I'm still shocked, to be honest.

"I don't care," I reply. "You are going to follow me silently or I'll shoot you. Trust me, I have no tolerance for Vortex soldiers. It's your choice and I'm not used to giving choices to people."

"Shoot me? As in kill me? Typical bluffing attempt."

Yeah, no shit.

"I can always shoot you in the leg," I say flatly. "I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to make a point."

"Still not a good idea," she remarks. "You'd have to carry me."

I stifle a scoff and frown in annoyance at her quick response, my hand drawing a gun from its holster. A metallic click is heard as I load it, aiming it at her. "You're right. Which shoulder, left or right?"

She frowns deeply. "Lead the way."

"Mhm, thought so," I mutter, pleased with myself.  I start walking again, tucking the gun back into the holster, throwing a harsh glance at her over my shoulder.  She follows me silently as we leave the warehouse and make our way over the patio, toward the main building.  A few soldiers on guarding duty greet me and I nod at them in response, my face void of all emotions.