Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A Forced Marriage

"Do you, Draco Malfoy, take Astoria Greengrass, to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked Draco. "I do." Draco said without a single moment of hesitation, already regretting the words he had spoken.

" Do you, Astoria Greengrass, take Draco Malfoy, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked Astoria.

"I do!" Astoria replied happily, grinning from ear to ear.

" You may now kiss the bride." the priest said, before Draco gave an eager Astoria a kiss on the cheek, barely noticing the flash of disappointment on Astoria's face.

Draco's parents had forced him to propose to Astoria, threatening him with the one thing he truly cared about. Draco frowned at the thought.

Seeing Draco's frown, Astoria asked if he was okay. "I'm fine. I'm just so overwhelmed with emotions at the thought of us being together." Draco lied easily, not even sparing a glance at Astoria. However, this did not faze Astoria as she continued talking to the guests.

" I'm so happy that we're together! Then after tomorrow, we'll be going to Paris for our honeymoon! Exciting isn't it." Astoria gushed and started talking about things they could do during their honeymoon. Draco didn't hear a word as his mind was filled with other thoughts and when Astoria paused expectantly, Draco just smiled and said that he needed to use the bathroom.

" Lucius said he won't hurt her if you married Astoria. You can do this, Draco. Just put up with it. It'll be worth it." Draco whispered to himself as he clutched the side of the sink tightly. He took a deep breath and put on a fake smile before walking back to Astoria, who was having a conversation with his parents.