28.

Angel's POV
I stood in the hallway, listening as Mark and Kellin delivered blows to my best friend.

Each sound broke my heart. I didn't want him to be beaten because of his feelings for me. He shouldn't be beaten. He didn't deserve this. He was just a kid.

"Hey! Angel! Let's go!" Jackson yelled from the living room,"The girls are waiting!"

I shook my head quickly and pulled out my phone. I texted Jesus.

Me: SOS at Mark Bishop's house. Please hurry..and don't tell mom.

Then I spun around and ran out the door. I saw Kellin and Mark kicking Caleb in every visible body part. I felt my blood boil as I watched my best friend just sit there and take it.

So I decided to tackle Mark to the ground. I grabbed him by his shirt and punched him in the face repeatedly.

"Don't! You! Ever! Touch! Him! Again!" Each word was another punch to Mark's face. All I saw was red as I was punching him.

Kellin finally decided to leave Caleb alone and come and save his buddy. He grabbed me by my arms and pulled me off of Mark.

I tried to shake him off, but he held onto me tightly. He kneed me in the back, causing me to double over in pain.

"Damn it, Angel. You had your chance, man. You could've saved yourself from all of this," Jackson's voice was heard. I looked up to see him walking down the porch steps and towards us.

Kellin held me down as Jackson approached us.

"You couldn't just let this go," Jackson said, shaking his head,"You had to come out here and save this fag."

"Don't call him that!" I growled as I tried to jump at Jackson. Jackson just shot his fist out and punched me in the stomach, causing me to drop to the ground in pain as Kellin let me go.

I groaned in pain, rolling over on my side, clutching at my stomach. Jackson kneeled down and grabbed me by my hair, forcing me to sit up. He punched me in the face and then forcefully threw my head to the ground.

He lifted me up by my hair yet again, causing me to wince in pain as he brought me to my knees. He gripped my hair tightly as he glared at me.

"You're just like him, aren't you? That's why you're getting so mad. God doesn't like sinners. You aren't an angel. You're name should be Sin or Devil."

"And your name should be Jackass instead Jackson," I smirked up at the older boy, before I spat in his face.

Jackson's smile dropped as he wiped my saliva from his face. He glared at me and raised his hand.

"I'll kill you!"

"You won't do shit!"

I sighed in relief at the familiar sound of my older brother's voice. Jackson and I looked over to see Jesus and Shawn. Asher and Jon were also there, Asher was sitting on Mark who had probably been trying to get up and Jon had Kellin in a head lock.

Why were him and Shawn together again? When did they get back together? Last I heard Shawn was dating some douche bag.

Wait! No! Now is not the time, Angel. Pay attention.

"Well if it isn't the fag squad," Jackson scoffed,"Coming to save your little recruits here?" Jackson pulled my hair, causing me to yelp in pain.

"Let my brother go, Matthews," Jesus said his tone was hard and cold, it had sent a shiver down my spine.

"Why don't you come over here and make me, Jauregui?" Jackson smirked as he pulled my hair yet again, I closed my eyes wincing.

Jesus took off his leather jacket and handed it to Shawn. Shawn looked at my brother with wide eyes, but held his tongue as he held the leather jacket.

Jackson smirked and threw me down to the ground. I groaned in pain but looked over at Caleb, who's eyes were closed tight. I crawled over to him. I pushed his hair from his face, he opened his eyes slowly and looked at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, as I pushed his hair away from his sweat slicked forehead.

"Me too," Caleb said, smiling sadly. I shook my head and sat up slowly, I helped Caleb lay his head in my lap.

Why was he sorry? He has nothing to be sorry for. He did nothing wrong. I did.

"I promise I will do anything to make it up to you," I whispered as my best friends eyes fluttered closed.

Jesus's POV
Guys like Jackson pissed me off. Always picking on the younger and smaller people. As I watched as my brother comforted my boyfriend's brother my anger mounted.

I looked at Jackson, then I tackled him to the ground. I held my hand against his neck as I punched him repeatedly in the face.

"If I ever see you near my brother or his best friend again! I'll kill you!" Each hit I landed was harder and harder. I never gave the older boy a chance to retaliate. I just kept on punching him.

"Jesus! Let him go! Stop!"

I felt my boyfriend grab my arm and pull me back. I stood up and glared at Jackson's bloodied face. I kicked his foot.

"Next time pick on someone your own size!"

"Jesus! It's okay! It's done," Shawn stepped in front of my line of sight and placed his hand on my cheeks,"It's done."

I sighed and nodded my head, I looked over at where Angel and Caleb were. I stepped around my boyfriend and approached my brother and his best friend.

"We've got to get Caleb to the hospital," I said as I walked over to them. I lifted Caleb off the ground and held him bridal style in my arms,"On the way, Angel, you can explain what happened here."

Shawn helped Angel to his feet, and held him up. Asher and Jon ran over, Asher helped lift Angel and Jon grabbed my leather jacket from Shawn.

"It's a long story," Angel tried.

"We've got a long walk. Get to talking."