22.

Jesus's POV
I sat in my room, laying down in my bed, listening to music when I heard a tapping on my window. I sat up and turned my head to look over my window.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time to see it was 12:01am I sighed and stood up wondering who the hell would be tapping on my window at 12 o'clock in the morning.

I walked towards my window and opened it, peeking down. I saw Shawn standing there in skinny jeans and a polo t-shirt, arms wrapped around himself shivering. He rubbed his hands up and down his arms. 

"Shawn?" I whisper yelled down to him. He looked up at me and his eyes were red and puffy, even in the darkness of the night I could see that,"Whats wrong?"

"I...I-I shouldn't have come here. I-I'm sorry if I woke you. I'm going to go," Shawn said as he started to turn around.

"Wait!" I shouted, he paused and looked up at me. By the look on his face I knew he was about to breakdown. My heart broke at the sight,"Stay right there, I'll be right down. Just stay."

I stepped back and quickly closed my window. I slipped on a pair of my vans, grabbed my leatherjacket and ran out of my room.

I ran down the stairs and out the backdoor to my backyard. There stood Shawn, arms still wrapped tightly around himself. He looked up as I began approaching him.

"What happened?" I asked him as I placed my jacket over his shoulders, wrapping an arm around him and leading him to the back porch swinging chair. I sat down with him and allowed him to lean against me.

"W-Wesley," Shawn muttered as I felt something wet hit my shirt,"H-he stood me up. H-he said he wanted t-to take me out to make up for being such a jerk earlier and he then he called and said he had to visit his grandma in the hospital."

"Aw, Shawn. I'm sorry. But he stood you up for a pretty good reason, right? He probably just wanted to see,-"

"He lied," Shawn sobbed,"H-he cheated on me. I saw the pictures on snapchat. He went to Levi's house and Levi took pictures of him making out with some girl. He cheated on me, Jesus!"

I felt my heart break as Shawn let out a loud sob, I immediately wrapped both arms around him. I clenched my jaw as I thought about the boy I loved crying in my arms.

How could someone hurt him like that? I swear when I saw Wesley I was going to kill him.

"It's his loss, Shawn. You're an amazing guy and anyone would be lucky to have you as boyfriend. He's stupid. A complete idiot. Only an idiot would hurt someone as special as you. I mean of course he's an idiot, right? Probably was tackled a one too many times and lost a lot of his brain cells," I said, hoping to get the younger boy to laugh. It worked. Shawn let out a soft laugh and I grinned at the sound. He looked up at me with a soft smile.

"You play football too, idiot," Shawn rolled his eyes.

"And it explains a lot, doesn't it?" I said, smirking playfully. Shawn laughed harder at that and I couldn't help but to join in on his laughter.

We both stopped laughing after a while and just looked at each other. We both began breathing slightly heavily.

I stared into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes and I felt my heart pound against my chest. I felt myself start to slowly lean in, Shawn's eyes slowly slip closed as he leaned in as well. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

But before my lips could meet his, Shawn yanked out of my arms and jumped away from me quickly.

"I can't," Shawn said quickly, shaking his head.

"What?" I asked him,"If this is about Wesley forget about him, he,-"

"No this isn't about Wesley. This is about us," Shawn said, looking at me. My brows furrowed together in confusion as I waited for him to continue,"We can't do this. We can't just go straight back to where we left off."

"Why can't we?" I asked Shawn,"We belong together, Shawn and you know we do. That's why you came here tonight. You wanted my comfort. You can't lie to me and tell you don't love me and you miss me just as much I, you. Why can't we be together?"

"I do love you," Shawn said, looking at me,"But we can't do this. Not right now."

Shawn stood up and pulled his jacket off, he went to hand it to me. I stood up and grabbed the jacket but also grabbed his arm before he could walk away.

"Please stay. What do I gotta do to make you stay? We could be anything. Just tell me how to make you mine again. I love you, Shawn. I can't lose you."

"I've gotta go, Jesus," Shawn said, pulling his hand from mine,"I'm sorry."

Shawn pushed past me and walked away, leaving me standing in my backyard watching as he walked away.

The love of my life, walked away from me for the second time.