12.

Lucy's POV
I sat in the cafeteria by myself. I was waiting for Mary, Jon, and Shawn to get here. I've been hanging out with my brother's friends more often for the past few weeks and avoiding my friends like a plague.

Jackson hasn't tried to talk to me yet. And honestly I think that's great. Good riddance. But Bella tries to get me to talk to her all the time. And sometimes I want to accept her apology and just have us go back to normal because we've been best friends since pre school but it's hard. She slept with my boyfriend.

That's low. Low and cruel and even though her apologies seem sincere I just can't accept them right now. That's why she's looking over here like a lost puppy while she's sitting at our old table with my old friends.

"Why don't you talk to her?"

I jumped slightly and turned my head to see Asher standing there. He took the seat beside me and raised a eyebrow questioningly.

"I mean from what you told me about her. You guys were closer than close. You were like sisters. Why don't you talk to her? Work it out and forgive her."

"It's not that easy," I said, frowning.

"Yes it is. Get up. Walk over to her and talk to her. Simple as that," Asher said. I sighed and glanced over at the table. Everyone at the table was watching me and Asher.

Maybe because they saw Asher as the rebellious loner and were wondering why I talked to him. Jackson's face wasn't wondering though. He was glaring at Asher as if Asher was his enemy. I looked away from the table and at Asher.

He's become a good friend the past few weeks. He's been nice and he seemed to actually care about me. And yes he still has his arrogant ways and insists on calling me Princess. But he's still my friend now and he's nothing like the rumors that are being spread about him.

"Okay," I said,"I'll talk to her. I'll just do it later."

"No. You'll do it now," Asher said.

"But,-" I whined, Asher cut me off with a look.

"Ugh fine," I said, standing up from my chair,"Wish me luck."

"Good luck," Asher smiled.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards my old table. I saw Bella sit up and perk up slightly when she saw me. I walked over to her.

"Can we talk?" I asked. Bella began to open her mouth and reply but Jackson cut her off.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. Why don't you go back over there with your new fire starting friend," Jackson said. I glared at him.

"You don't speak for her," I hissed.

"I speak for everyone who sits at this table. I'm in charge. You left the group. So go on. Turn around and go back to your psycho."

"Don't talk about Asher like that. You don't know shit about him. So don't even try to start shit by using him," I snapped.

"Whatever. Leave. Didn't you say you didn't want us to speak to you again?"

"Because you had them lie for you! And you slept with my best friend!"

"Because you're a prude and wouldn't put out! I'm a guy, Luce. I've got needs. And your friend here was easy and let me take her. Weren't you, Bella?" Jackson looked at Bella and smirked.

"Fuck you," Bella spat,"You told me that if I didn't do it you'd tell the entire school and my parents that I was a lesbian."

I froze. Bella was a lesbian...that was news to me. Bella looked up at me with a look of apology.

"I'm so sorry, Lucy. I didn't even want to sleep with him but I couldn't let him tell my parents that I'm gay. You know how homophobic they are."

I did know. They hated my moms. And every time I would go to Bella's house they'd make us keep the door open, thinking that I wanted to corrupt my best friend or something like that.

"It's okay, Bella. I get it now. I'm sorry I didn't listen to your side of the story," I said.

"It's okay, Luce."

"You know what? Take her. I didn't want a dyke as a friend anyways. And I'm glad we're done. Your family is crazy, full of dykes, and your faggot brother. I don't need that."

This time I was filled with rage. I grabbed Bella's milk from off her tray and approached my ex boyfriend. Then I poured it on his head.

He gasped as he stood up quickly but I didn't give him a chance to reply before I punched him dead in his face. Causing him to fall back onto the ground. I stepped over him and placed my wedged foot on his chest causing him to lay flat on the ground as I glared down at him.

"Don't you ever speak about my family like that! It's people like you that made my moms and aunts lives miserable," I said as I remembered my moms story about Steven, my moms old manager who was super homophobic and how having to deal with him was the reason why my Uncle Shawn died,"If I ever hear you utter those words again I will make you miserable. You're pathetic, Jackson. And I'm so happy we're done. Now you're going to leave Bella alone or we're going to have issues. My mom's still not happy with you and she's got her shotgun ready. Don't start something you won't live to finish. Just continue getting your STDs and leave my family and my best friend alone."

I moved my foot from his chest and stepped away from him. I turned around and grabbed Bella's hand and pulled her away from the table. We walked over to my table and saw my brother, Jesus, Mary, Jon, and Asher all sat looking at us with wide eyes.

"Sit," I said to Bella and she immediately complied. I sat down myself and grabbed my lunch bag,"Guys, Bella's gonna be sitting with us from now on."

I opened my lunch bag and pulled out my celery sticks, I looked up to see my brother and friends still staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't know you were so badass," Asher spoke first,"Good on you, Princess."

Then everyone else joined in.

"That was so awesome!"

"I was silently chanting 'hit him again hit him again!''

"That was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! One good right hook you got there!"

"That was great, sis! Mom's gonna be so proud."

I laughed at my crazy friends and looked over at Bella who looked a bit overwhelmed.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it," I said, smiling softly at her and nudging her with my shoulder.

"No I won't," Bella laughed.

"You're right. No you won't," I giggled. The the entire table burst into fits of laughter.