4.

Shawn's POV
I walked to lunch with Jon and Mary on either side of me. They were talking about the upcoming dance that was happening, it was Winer Formal, high school and middle school were allowed to attend and they wanted to go.

I didn't. Why? Because a.) I didn't dance and b.) Jesus would be there. And I was always a nervous wreck around him. And I informed my friends of all these issues as we walked to our lunch table.

"Then don't dance," Mary reasoned as we all sat down at our table.

"And you have to get over this fear of speaking to Jesus. You guys have known each other literally since you were a baby. What's the big deal now?" Jon asked me, as he picked up a French fry from his tray and ate it,

"I can't! I'm sorry, I just can't. I'm not going. I refuse to go," I said as I opened my lunch bag and pulled out all of my snacks,"I can't go and make a fool of myself when Je,-"

"Hey, Shawn!" I looked up to see Jesus approaching our table with his two best friends, Nate and Luke.

Nathaniel 'Nate' Matthews was the captain of the JV soccer team and the youngest kid to ever to kick 30 goals in one game beating our old record of 19 at only 14 years old.

He had black hair and blue eyes. He was one of the most popular guys in school, Jesus' entire group was actually. He was also an out and proud gay.

Then there was Lucas "Luke" Anderson, captain of the JV basketball team

Then there was Lucas "Luke" Anderson, captain of the JV basketball team. He was their group's flirt. He flirted and slept with everything that breathed. Rumor had it that he slept with half of the varsity cheerleading team, which consisted of all the high school cheerleaders.

He had brown hair and a smirk that made a lot of girls swoon.

Jesus completely their little triplet. He was captain of the football team, Student Council representative for the middle school, Straight A student, and he's got that smile. He was the most popular guy in the middle school and like right in the Top 10 for the high school.

"Uh, h-hi, J-Jesus," I said, mentally slapping myself for stuttering, but forcing a smile anyways.

Jesus smiled his handsome smile as he took the seat beside me. Luke and Nate sat beside Mary and Jon.

"How has your day been going?" Jesus asked me, with a grin.

"Good good. And you?"

"It was pretty good. Can't wait till all this dance hype dies down though," Jesus laughed and I silently nodded along in agreement with him,"Are you going?

"Uh, probably not, no," I said shaking my head
quickly.

"Oh, that's a shame," Jesus frowned slightly.

What the hell did that mean?! Did he want me to go?!

"Jesus, Nate, Luke!"

Everyone at the table looked up to see, JV cheerleading captain and Jesus' ex girlfriend and my arch nemesis, Amber Rachel Lockhart.

"Uh, I've gotta go. Amber's tripping over me taking her to the dance. Like we broke up! Leave me alone. But of course I'll end up taking her anyways. I guess I'll see you later, Shawn," Jesus leaned over and gave me a one armed hug and then stood up.

Nate and Luke stood up along with him. They all walked away from the table. I sat up quickly and looked at Mary and Jon.

"Oo his gears are turning! He's got an idea," Jon said, pointing at me.

"Are you thinking about going to the dance?" Mary asked me eagerly.

"Of course he's thinking about going to the dance. He wants to save his before from the wicked witch of the west," Jon said.

"So you're going?!" Mary asked me excitedly. I thought about it.

"I can't it," I slumped back into my seat, sliding down in my chair.

"Why not?!" Jon and Mary shouted in unison.

"I don't have anything to wear," I said simply.

"Well then I guess you know what this causes for, don't you?" Mary asked me.

"Don't say it," I said pleadingly. Mary and Jon exchanged looks,"You're gonna say it."

"Shopping!!" Jon and Mary shouted loudly, causing the entire cafeteria to look at our table. I slid down in my seat and covered my face with my hands.

"And you said it."