27

Caleb's POV
I hated the party, I was sitting alone in a corner watching as my best friend got both high and drunk with a bunch of middle schoolers and high schoolers.

He was making out with some girl and it caused me to be sick to my stomach. I was ready to go home now, I didn't want to be here. This wasn't right. This wasn't like the harmless pranks we used to pull, this was full on illegal.

I couldn't be arrested, my moms would kill me, skin me alive and feed me to the fishes.

I sighed and finally decided to just go and wait outside. I stood up and walked outside of the house and sat down on the porch. I pulled out my phone to text Kyle.

Me: Hey.
Read at 12:32am.

Me: I know, I'm not your favorite person right now and I'm sorry.

Me: you're right. All I do is follow Angel around like a lost puppy.

Me: I want to stop, I'm trying to stop. But it's just really hard

Me: I love him, you know that. I really do love him.

Me: I told you the first time I met you that I had feelings for my best friend.

Me: and that's why it's hard to let him go

Me: he's all I've ever known, but now it isn't even safe to be his friend anymore

Me: I know you're reading these.

Me: please respond. I need a true friend right now and you're my only one.

Kyle: where are u?

Me: outside Mark Bishop's house, freezing my butt off.

Kyle: I'm omw, we're gonna finish this night out right. You can stay at my house.

Me: okay. See you soon.

"Who ya texting?" I jumped at the sound of Angel's voice. I looked up to see Angel, Mark, Kellin, and Jackson, Mark and Jackson were high schools and Kellin was the only middle schooler, he was in the 8th grade.

"No one," I said as I quickly tried to hide my phone, but Angel was quicker. He reached out and snatched my phone from my hands,"Give it back!" I shouted, trying to reach for my phone but Angel laughed and shoved my back playfully.

"We tell each other everything, Caleb. Chill. What do you have to hide?" Angel asked me. My true feelings for you.

"Please just give me my phone back, Angel," I said, looking Angel in the eyes.

"No," Angel said before he stood up and moved away from me. I jumped to my feet, but before I could get my phone from Angel, Mark and Kellin both grabbed my arms and held me back.

I watched as Angel's eyes moved across my screen.

I was too late...he was reading my text messages. I watched as his face went stone. No emotion on his face. He looked up at me, brows furrowed.

"What's it say?" Jackson asked, as he walked over to Angel. He snatched my phone from Angel's hands and read over my text.

I watched as my sister's ex read over my texts and I felt a shiver run up my spine when he looked up at me and smirked evilly.

"So we're adding another fag to your gay family, huh?" Jackson asked me. I jerked in Mark and Kellin's arms.

"No hables de mi familia que usted cabrón homofóbico," I spat in Spanish.

"What was that? I don't speak gay," Jackson said.

"It was Spanish, you fucking idiot! Now let me go," I jerked in Mark and Kellin's hands.

"Not gonna happen, Queer," Jackson scowled as he walked closer to me,"See being gay is a sin. And I am not gonna let you corrupt my boy over there. So we're gonna solve this right now."

Jackson then punched me in the gut. I hunched over, feeling as if I was going to barf. He punched me in the stomach once again. Then he punched me in the face and my head went back. Mark and Kellin both let me drop to the ground.

I groaned, clutching at my stomach. I could feel the tears springing in my eyes. Jackson kicked me in the stomach, repeatedly causing my body to slide against the ground until I reached the edge of the stairs.

"If I ever see you near Angel, I'll kill you. It's bad enough he lives with dykes and a queer brother. He doesn't need another influence like you in his life," Jackson then kicked me off the porch.

My body rolled down the stairs and I landed on the ground with a loud thud.

"Mark and Kellin, you guys have fun. Angel and I are gonna go back inside with the girls," Jackson said.

I opened my eyes, everything was a blur but I could make out Angel standing there watching me, a look of concern flashed across his face.

"Angel! Let's go!" Jackson shouted. Angel's look of concern was quickly replaced with a glare. Angel turned on his heels and followed Jackson inside.

I felt the tears fall. My own best friend, left me. He went inside with a homophobic bastard. Leaving me to beaten.

I was broken, and to think I thought he was going to help me. I sighed and let Mark and Kellin kick at my already bruised body. I don't know how long I laid there allowing them to do that.

Everything began to blur after I received a few kicks to the head.

But before I lost consciousness, I heard someone yell to stop and heard a loud thud that sounded as if someone was tackled to the ground.

And then, I passed out.