23.

Jesus's POV
"He's here," Lucy said from her spot at her mic and keyboard,"Maddie said he's in the front row."

I took a deep breath and looked back at Nate who was on drums and I was on guitar and Luke on bass. We had decided to form a small band about 2 weeks ago, the day after Shawn left me for the second time.

It was Lucy and I who were the lead singers, I was also lead guitar and Lucy was out keyboardist. Nate was our drummer and Luke was our bassist.

It was the day of our Homecoming Pep rally. Lucy and I wrote a song for Shawn. A Shawn that describes all of my feelings for him. Some of Lucy's feelings were in the song as well, she said she wanted to dedicate it to Bella who she still misses.

"Okay! And for a special treat for you all! Here is a a band made up entirely of your peers. Give it up for 141!" Our principal shouted.

The stage curtains pulled apart as the slow clapping started. I looked up and saw that literally the entire school was here. I was starting to feel a little nervous. I glanced over at Lucy and she nodded her head at me in encouragement.

I took a deep breath and looked back to the crowd, looking for who really mattered. There he was dead center, sitting in the front row of the bleachers. He was looking right back at me and I swear I never been so excited to see brown eyes my entire life.

"We're actually 141 Characters. Ya know like the Twitter thing," I said in to my mic. Everyone started cheering and laughing. I grinned as I looked around at the rest of the crowd,"Uh this song was written by Lucy and I. It's called Make You Stay and it's pretty self explanatory."

More cheering, I looked back at Lucy and she got the message. She began playing the keyboard and I  started singing as I sang Nate came in on the drums.

(Jesus)
I'd sing acapella in the rain
Let the whole world think I've gone insane
Give you all my money, and my name

Lucy and I harmonized together perfectly.

(Jesus and Lucy)
Nothing I wouldn't do,

Lucy started singing then. I nodded my head as she sang waiting to come in on guitar.

(Lucy)
When I'm crazy and I don't know why
Would you calm me down and read my mind?
But you still send shivers up my spine

(Lucy and Jesus)
Nothing I wouldn't do,

Then Luke and I joined in on guitar and bass as Nate played the drums a little more upbeat and Lucy did piano. Lucy and I sang the pre chorus together.

(Jesus and Lucy)
We could be,
We could be anything tonight, just tell me everything you like
Can't you see,
We could be something if we tried, just tell me how to make you mine

We sang the chorus together and as I sang the chorus my eyes found Shawn yet again. He was looking directly at me when my eyes landed on him.

What have I gotta do to make you,

We all, including Luke and Nate sang the next line making it sound as if we were chanting it.

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

(Lucy and Jesus)
What have I gotta do to make you,

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

Stilling playing guitar, I looked over at Lucy as she sang her next line.

(Lucy)
I would break the laws of gravity

I pressed my lips into my mic as I sang my line looking back at Shawn quickly.

(Jesus)
Kill it for you in the first degree

(Lucy)
Shut the world out when you need to breathe

We sang the next two lines together before going into the pre chorus, harmonizing together perfectly.

(Lucy and Jesus)
Nothing I wouldn't do,

We could be,
We could be anything tonight, just tell me everything you like
Can't you see,
We could be something if we tried, just tell me how to make you mine

I sang to Shawn as I sang the next lines with Lucy, strumming my guitar quickly.

What have I gotta do to make you,

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

What have I gotta do to make you,

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

Lucy sang the next part and you could hear the emotion in her voice as she did. The music slowed down.

(Lucy)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay
Yeah-ah-ay-ay-ay, yeah-ah-ay-ay-ay

I sang the next part, looking at Shawn directly and you could see the tears glistening in his eyes.

(Jesus)
'Cause I've never known love like this

(Lucy and Jesus)
Never known love like this

(Lucy)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

Then the music picked up again and Lucy and I sang the pre chorus again.

(Jesus and Lucy)
We could be,
We could be anything tonight, just tell me everything you like
Can't you see,
We could be something if we tried, just tell me how to make you mine

We sang the chorus and all I could do was watch Shawn until I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, I looked over at the gym doors and my eyes widened at what I saw.

What have I gotta do to make you,

I looked over at Lucy who was looking at me in confusion. I jerked my head towards the door as we sang.

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

Lucy looked where I was looking and her eyes went wide as we sang together again.

(Jesus and Lucy)
What have I gotta do to make you,

(All)
Stay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

(Lucy)
(Yeah-ah-ay-ay-ay, yeah-ah-ay-ay-ay)

I watched as Lucy stared at what I saw as silence overcame the entire gym. She walked around her keyboard and towards the edge of the stage. She looked down at what we saw and took an audible breath.

"B-Bella?"

"Hey, Luce. Miss me?"