25.

Rory's POV
I sat on the playground with Roy, we were sitting under a tree and watching as the other kids ran around and played. I didn't feel like playing so Roy said he would sit with me, he said he wanted to talk about something anyway.

But we didn't talk. I sat down and started pulling grass from the ground as Roy pulled out his PSP and began playing a game.

Mariah wasn't here today, and I was missing her a lot. She was out sick, Aunty Dinah called our Mom and told her that she had the stomach bug.

I liked Mariah. She was very nice and pretty. She always talked to Roy and I. She was like our best friend, but I think I liked her more than a best friend.

Roy doesn't know. He'd make fun of me and say that I'd get cooties. I mean we're 10, we shouldn't believe in cooties anymore, right?

"Rory," Roy said, causing me to look up at him.

"Huh?"

"Do you like Mariah?" Roy asked me. I felt myself stiffen up but I instantly tried playing it cool.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you like like Mariah? Tell the truth," Roy said, I sighed and contemplated on if I should tell my twin the truth or not.

"Yes," I said honestly.

"I like like her too," Roy said, leaning his back back against the tree trunk, sighing.

"You do?" I asked my brother in surprise. He just nodded his head.

"I have like liked her for a long time. But I was scared to say, I thought you'd make fun of me for liking her because of cooties," Roy said. I laughed.

"I thought the same!" I said, causing Roy to laugh as well. After a while our laughing died down and I leaned back against the tree trunk with my brother.

"We like like the same girl," Roy said.

"Yeah," I said, nodding my head.

"What do we do? It's not like she's a toy. We can't just share her," Roy said. I sighed, closing my eyes. I opened them and looked over at my brother.

"We can try to woo her, like Lucy says Jesus is trying to do Shawn. We can both try to get her attention and see which twin she chooses in the end," I said.

"Okay, but what about the other twin?" Roy asked me. I sat up and motioned for him to follow. He did as I told and I spit in my hand and held it hand out.

Roy smiled widely as soon as he saw what I was doing. He spit in his hand and took my hand in his and shook it.

"I, Rory Y/ln-Cabello, promise that no matter what happens we will always be brothers and never fall apart," I said.

"I, Roy Y/ln-Cabello, promise that no matter what happens we will always be brothers and never fall apart," Roy said, grinning. I smiled.

"May the best twin win," I said.