15.

June 15th, 2033. Lucy's 15th Birthday.
Lucy's POV
It was my 15th birthday and I was sick. I lied in my bed, curled up in a fetal position as I felt my major stomach pains and a crazy headache. I was hot but I was also cold at the same time. It was a terrible feeling and I hated it.

"Are you sure your gonna be okay alone, nena? I can call in and tell them I have to stay home and take care of you," my mama said for the 10th time this morning as she pushed my hair away from my face and felt my forehead.

"I'll be fine, Mama. Go. Help people make music. I'm not going anywhere," I smiled weakly at my mother. She sighed and nodded, bending over to kiss my forehead.

"Call me or your mother if you need anything at all. Shawn will be home right after school to take care of you until we get home," Mama said,"Take your medicine and if you get hungry I made you Caldo Galego for you. Be sure to eat some of it."

"Bien, Mama," I nodded my head, closing my eyes.

"I'll be home as soon as I can, bebè," my mother ran her hand through my hair once more, kissed my forehead and stood up.

I heard my door closed, I sighed and took this opportunity to grab my blanket, feeling cold again, and wrapped myself up in it.

I closed my eyes and before I knew it I was asleep.
**************
I woke up to the sound of my bedroom door creaking open.

"Shhhh," someone said whispered loudly.

"You shut up, Jon," that was Mary's voice.

"Will you both be quiet. She looks so exhausted," that was Bella.

"And gross," Jesus.

"Is that snot coming out of her nose?" Asher.

"I'm gonna open a window to get some air in here. I'm too young to die of whatever Lucy's got," Shawn.

"You're not gonna die from a cold, babe," Jesus said.

"Don't correct me. Some colds can kill, okay?" Shawn hissed. I opened my eyes to see Shawn by my window. He yanked my curtains open.

I hissed when I felt a bright light shine in my face, I grabbed my blanket and yanked it over my head.

"Ha! She's like a vampire!" Jon laughed.

"Leave her alone, she's sick," Bella said and I heard the sound of slap and Jon hissing 'ouch'.

"And on her birthday too, none the less. That's gotta suck," Asher said.

I felt someone shake my arm.

"Lucy. You gotta get up and take your medicine," Shawn said.

"Go away and let me sleep," I whined, swatting at my brother.

"If you get up, I'll bake you a cake for when you feel better later," Shawn said. I slowly pushed my blanket down so that I could peek at my little brother.

"Red Velvet?"

"With cream cheese frosting," Shawn smiled at me. I sighed and pushed my blanket down all the way and sat up in my bed.

"Hit me with it," I said. Bella stepped forward and held out the medicine cup filled with the red syrupy medicine.

"Look at it this way. This is preparing you for downing shots, when we go to parties!" Asher chimed in, Mary elbowed him in the side and he winced.

"Ow okay, never mind," Asher mumbled as he rubbed his side. I giggled and looked at the medicine. I closed my eyes and downed it.

"There we go!" Asher and Jon shouted, clapping their hands dramatically,"Shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots. Everybody!"

I rolled my eyes as I looked at the two.

"You're idiots," I said.

"But you love us idiots," Asher smirked.

"Sometimes I doubt if I really do or not," I said, everyone in the room began laughing.

"Okay! I say, we all pile into Lucy's outrageously huge bed and have a Friends marathon," Bella said.

"I completely agree!" Jesus chimed in. Soon everyone was agreeing to watching Friends and spending the rest of the night in my bed.

Friends was our favorite old school t.v show next to Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. My Mama used to love the show and Shawn and I grew up watching it on Nick at Night and soon our friends got into it as well.

After an hour, we were all gathered in my room watching the first episode of Friends.

Asher, Bella, and I were at the top of my bed. Asher's head was in my lap and my fingers were in his hair, my head was on Bella's shoulder and her head was on mine as she laced my other hand with hers.

Mary and Jon were sitting down on their bellies at the bottom of my bed. Jon's head on the small of Mary's back. And finally Shawn and Jesus were cuddling in my beanbag on the floor.

This was what I lived for. My friends and I just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.

We had all summer to do exactly that. To just spend time with each other. Then Jesus, Asher, Bella, and I will be in high school.

We're gonna still be going to the same school as Jon, Shawn, and Mary, so hopefully nothing will change. Hopefully we won't be those friend groups that tear apart when we go to high school.

Hopefully we can stay like this forever. Where everything is perfect and we have each other. That's all I want.