52

Emma

Black. That's what you wear to a funeral isn't it?

I stare blankly at the black dress laying on the foot of my bed.

It had been a week since Jacob had passed, and today was the funeral service.

Over this week I've felt so empty, so sorrowful. It felt as if my happiness was taken away from me.

God works in mysterious ways, and I know he takes people when it's their time. Heaven gained another angel the night Jacob passed.

There was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I say and turn in my desk chair.

"Honey, we leave in an hour." My mother says and sets a pile of my clean clothes on my dresser. I nod my head and stand up, she slowly closes the door, leaving me alone.

I grab the dress and play with the dark material. This didn't seem real, and it's so sad this was reality.

-

My heels click against the sidewalk as I walk up to the church. My mom and Lauren were close behind.

I place my hand on the door handle and slowly pull it open. Lauren speeds up a little bit, to catch the door before it shut on her and mom.

I fix my dress before walking into the main room. I could see Mrs. Sartorius and all of Jacob's family sitting in the front rows of the large church.

I turn around and wait for my mom and Lauren. They walk in, and we all sit in the middle rows.

I take a deep breath and observe my surroundings. The room was filled with blue flowers, which was Jacob's favorite color. In the very front of the room there was a large portrait of Jacob. He looked so happy, so full of life.

I smile at his picture and look up towards the ceiling, knowing Jacob was watching over all of us.

Just before I was about to speak to Lauren, the door slams and there are a lot of voices.

I furrow my eyebrows and slowly turn my head.

My lips part in shock as I see the whole MagCon family standing at the end of the aisle.

I stand up and hurry towards them all.

Daniel was the first person I saw, and I run into his arms.

He rubs my back and I lay my head against his chest. "How are you taking things?" He whispers against the top of my head.

I pull away and look into his eyes.

"Fine." I simply say, and force a smile.

"Where's my hug?" A voice says. I look over and see Taylor with his arms open.

I walk closer to him and wrap my arms around his torso. Without warning, the whole MagCon family wraps their arms around me for a group hug.

I sure did miss them, and really did need them during a time like this.

They all pull away, and I'm standing in the middle of a large circle.

"I love you guys." I say and turn so I'm looking at all of them. Hunter looks as if he's going to cry, I give him a sympathetic look and walk towards him.

"He's in a better place now." I say and bite my lip, to try to keep the tears away. Hunter pulls me in for a hug, and we stand there for what seems like hours.

I pull away, and look at Hunter.

"I love you Hunter." I softly smile. He looks at me and smiles before answering, "I love you too Emma."

-

The service has just ended and we were all at the cemetery where Jacob has just been buried. When his coffin went under ground, I completely lost it. The tears would just not stop.

Of course everyone was comforting me, but it wasn't helping. I only wanted to be in one person's arms, and that one person was Jacob.

"Ready to go?" Cameron says, dangling the keys in his hands. My mom and Lauren said I could go with the guys to spend some time with them, before they had to fly back home.

I nod my head.

"Wait a minute." I say and turn around. I walk over to Jacob's spot where he had just been buried and set our pictures down from before the dance.

"I love you Jacob." I say and kiss my index finger, placing it on his face on the picture.

Always.

-

THE END.
Guysss this book is actually over and I can't believe it. I can't thank you all enough for the endless support and comments. Y'all are the nicest supporters ever honestly. It's definitely been a journey, and I've enjoyed every second of it. Don't worry, this isn't forever. Until then, you could always re read the story ;) ❤️
(EPILOGUE IS UP NOW)

- much love
; B