49

Emma

"These are for you." Jacob says holding up a bouquet of red roses. I blush and take them into my hands.

"Thanks babe." I smile as Mrs. Sartorius comes in the room holding a camera. Jacob groans and I smile. I actually love taking pictures.

"Don't act so excited Jacob." She says sarcastically and turns on the camera.

"I was thinking we'd go in the backyard," she looks at us. "You too Blaire."

We all go in the backyard and take many pictures. Some by ourselves, some with Jacob and I, all three of us, and some with just Blaire and I.

Once that was over with, there was a honk outside. Jacob and I look over at each other confused.

We all walk outside and see a black Hummer limo. I part my lips in shock.

"No way." I mumble under my breath.

"Mom you got a fucking limo?!" Jacob screams. I look at him confused. Did he really just say that in front of his mom?

"Language." She scolds and glares at him. He looks embarrassed and I laugh.

The driver gets out of the limo and waves at us all. I smile and wave back.

You da bomb Mrs. Sartorius, you da bomb.

"You kids have fun tonight, okay?" She looks at all of us. I look over at Blaire and we both squeal. This was amazing.

We all walk down the driveway and the driver opens up the back door for us.

"Thank you." I say as I climb in after Jacob and Blaire. He closes the door and I look around. It was amazing, very similar to the one we rode in with MagCon.

"You'll have to remind me to thank your mom." I say to Jacob and look over at him. He nods his head and smiles.

The limo driver gets in and rolls down the window so he can see back where we were. I smile at him and buckle up my seatbelt, as does Blaire.

"Jacob, buckle." I say to him and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. He shakes his head and laughs.

"I'll be fine Emma." He assures me and stretches his legs out. I sigh and lay back.

Whatever you say.

The limo pulls off and I look out the window. Tonight was going to be amazing, I could just sense it. I smile at the thought and watch as we pass all the houses.

I pull out a piece of gum from my bag and pop it into my mouth. I notice Jacob and Blaire staring at me and slowly look over at them.

"Can I help you?" I say and chomp on the piece. They both continue to stare into my eyes.

"Ugh, fine." I groan and hand them each a piece. They grin and open the wrapper. Oh my.

Before I know it we are already on the highway, going at least 100 mph. Which was different, because my mom never went this fast.

We go on a few bumps and I laugh. This was almost like a carnival ride.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a huge semi truck. It had a really cool picture on the side, but I couldn't quite make out what it was supposed to be.

"Hey, what does that look like to y-" I am cut off by the vehicle being thrown to the side. My vision becomes blurry as my head hits against the back of the seat.

My ears are plugged and the only thing I can hear is a muffled screaming. Dirt is flying everywhere as the limo is rolling on its side.

I blink rapidly trying to wake up from this nightmare, but the thing was, this wasn't a nightmare. This was reality, and reality was we were just in a collision with a semi truck.

The limo stops and my breathing quickens. I cough and look around.

"Blaire?" I faintly call out. She touches my arm and I know she is safe. I rub my eyes in search for Jacob.

"Jacob?" I call out and look around. I weakly wipe the dirt off my mouth with the back of my hand and attempt to open the door.

It was dented, so I couldn't just open it. I hold onto the seat and kick the door, causing it to fling open.

I stumble out of the destroyed limo and look around. We were now on the side of the highway, very far from it as well.

I've never before been in a car crash.

"Jacob!" I yell, tears brimming in my eyes. He was no where to be found. I limp around and walk to the front of the limo.

There I see Jacob laying flatly with his arms sprawled out. My eyes go wide, he had flung through the windshield.

"Jacob!" I scream and get down on my knees, hovering over him. I grab his head and turn him over. His face was covered in blood. The tears were now rushing down my face.

I feel his pulse and there was still a beat.

The driver's head lays against the steering wheel and I'm now sure he didn't make it.

"Blaire call 911 now!" I scream and lay Jacob's head on my lap.

-
Holy. Shit.
- B