51

Emma

It had been four hours waiting in this small room.

Blaire and I managed to get examined, I just rolled my ankle so they put a brace around it.

Mrs. Sartorius was still back with Jacob and we haven't heard anything yet.

"I'm so tired." Blaire looks over at me and yawns. I nod my head and lean back in the seat.

A nap does sound nice right about now. As I shifted my body so my head was laying on the arm rest, a doctor walks out. I quickly sit up and watch them.

"Are any of you Emma Anderson?" He looks around the room. I stand up and inch closer to him.

"That's me sir." I say softly. He nods his head, "This way."

We both walk down the long hallway.

My heartbeat accelerates as we stop a door. Through the crack I could see Mrs. Sartorius sitting in a chair next to Jacob, who didn't look good.

He had a bandage around his head and many more around his arms and legs. His face was so bruised, you could barely recognize him.

I take a deep breath before pushing the door open. Mrs. Sartorius quickly turns her head, "I'll leave you two alone." She says and stands up.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and sit on the cushioned chair, the door closes, signaling me she had left.

Jacob's eyes were closed, meaning he was asleep. I sigh and sink into the chair.

"I love you Jacob." I say and watch his steady heartbeats on the monitor.

"More than you'll ever know," I lean over and place my hand on his arm.

"You've taught me so much in the time we've known each other, from how to kiss, you were my first kiss actually," I look at him and allow a small smile on my lips.

"You even taught me how to throw a football," I chuckle lightly and cross my legs. "I got a perfect spiral the other day."

"I know people say we're too young to know what love is, but I know for sure I love you Jacob Sartorius." I feel a small tear glide down my cheek, and quickly wipe it away.

"On our good days, and our bad, my love for you has never changed." I slowly trace my index finger along his arm.

"You look like you're in pain," I mumble and another tear falls.

"And I don't want that Jacob," I wipe my eyes and sit up straight. "I- If you need to let go," I take a deep breath. "It's o-okay to escape."

"Escape from the real world," I look at his bruised face. "I heard heaven is a lot nicer than down here." I bite my lip to try and control the tears.

I stand up and lean over the bed.

"I love you." I place a kiss against his cold lips, right as I pull away the monitor goes crazy beeping faster and faster. My eyes go wide as my heart beat speeds up.

I look around the room in a panic and hold onto his right hand.

"Nurse!" I choke out the words.

I look at Jacob and back at the monitor.

flatline.

-

One more chapter after this y'all, this chapter made me super super sad. 😔❤️ I hope you all have enjoyed my story. It means a lot to me and I can't thank you enough. All of you are the reason I continue to write.

- B