Sticks & Stones - chapter 43

➪ ➪➪ Add to your Library

➪➪➪ Vote

*Check out Oliver's house up*

Hi my beautiful readers, missed me ? Cause I sure did miss you. I hope you've had a great Summer, in my case I go back to school in two weeks, a junior over here *MEH* anyways, we still have 6 chapters to go more or less and now, happy reading :) #unedited

I had ninety nine problems but Thia calling to tell me that daddy dearest had left them was not one of them.

Apparently mom and Thia were out of the house when dad decided that he's had enough and so he got in his car and drove into the sunset without as much as telling anyone. He didn't even pack his clothes, just the car and the articles he's had on. I may not have a photographic memory but the way Thia looked at me that day, when I drove to her house and saw the state she was in, would forever be burned in my brain.

It's been a week since school rolled in again after Spring Break. It has also been over a week since I've practically been living in my old home

Where I drove my first bike. A Barbie printed one to be exact ( I know. I still cringe at the thought ) where we also found out that mommy was pregnant with my sister. Where daddy taught us how to make home made pancakes by ourselves. Where Oli crushed my first tea party and I gave him a black eye. Where my first tooth fell and where I had my period for the first time and my best friend thought I was dying and freaked out. Where I first discovered my feelings for him and where we had breakfast for the last time as one true family that fateful morning and went to school for one last time as a normal teenager. Before everything went crushing down.

Now, that house that used to give me a feel of warmth and serenity is filled with void and empty spaces. You could literally see it. It's like it's been riddled of everything happy and of the memories it used to hold and was left there for the ghosts to hunt.

Despite her act of a strong and independent woman, my mom was a living corpse. Her eyes lost that spark it used to hold a long time ago. She didn't even call the cops or try to find him, it's like she'd already seen it coming and apparently so did everyone else. Expect for me.

So obviously at times like these, mom would seek her house office to find refuge in either her writing or burying herself under her books not giving a crap about her only daughter, the rest of the world or how fast time goes by before she has to leave for a quick stroll to the bathroom or the kitchen contemplating about where she went in their relationship and what she should've done to avoid such events. Naturally, it was pointless and too late.

Thia who has been a shell of a human, refused to get out of her room for the leading few days after my dad leaving , has only spoken a few numbered words and they usually were two-syllabus ones. That's why I made it a habit of mine to give her a ride every morning and drive her back 'home' by the end of the day. I even stayed over for a few days to Thia's request as she rambled on and on all night counting the ten things she hated about her dad, but also not leaving any space for the reason why she thought he also was somehow right about the irrational decision he made. He's had enough and he was only a human. He suffered so much after losing my sister and I guess his relationship with my mother suffered just as much along the way, Thia had said.

My relationship with my father had never been a strong one. It was a normal father-daughter one. We weren't very close, he spent most of his time at the firm during my childhood and only got home by my bed time. Though that didn't matter, cause in the darkness of the night I'd feel his feather-like kisses against my forehead and the way his fingers would brush the sticky locks of hair away from my damp skin. It didn't matter because I loved my dad to pieces and I knew he cared about me just the same.