Partie 1 ▲ First impressions - Chapter 1°

Check out the gorgeous cover to the side by the amazing : @NeonLights1404 I adore it

PS : the first few chapters desperately needs editing the grammar is all over the place. I'll go back to editing it once the story's over :)

School

It feels like it's been years since I've last placed a foot in this place, but in fact it was only four months since the incident. Here I was trudging my way towards St. George High

Originally, I had planned to stay low key and not draw attention to myself. I enter the hallway expecting to be given ugly and weird stares from everybody. But who am I kidding? Everyone else got to their classes like always and I'm already running ten minutes late. I push the giant door to the hallway.. and.. did I mention I am a senior? Yes, I am.

Strolling into the main office, I noticed a blonde glancing over at me as I walked in like I own the place. The secretary's face looked like a lizard, as she looked through her mess of paperwork for my class schedule. I cringed desperately trying to make a conversation with her, out of politeness. Of course.

" Thank you," I said as she handed me my schedule. Making my way out of the office, I could literally feel her eyes rolling at my back.

Now that wasn't a nice move lizard lady.

I cleared my mind as I tried to open the door of the classroom. Slowly the door knob turned and the door opened while I stood there like a status. Through the gap that the door created popped up a head only two inches away from me. There he was staring at me like the lunatic he is, as he took a few steps back.

Well, hello there Mr. Clarck. Long time no see. I see you still have them sets of khaki pants recently purchased at State Farm, I thought to myself.

"You must be the new exchange student. Such a great first impression you made there on your first day of school Ms...?" Mr. Clarck said while facing the white board and I as I took my seat at the end of the middle row.

"It's actually Eve. I'm Eve," I muttered in a hoarse tone.

"Yeah, right, Ms. Eve.. Mario, am I right? That's a great show name. Did..did you choose it yourself?" He asked making his way over me and placing himself on my desk ,as I rolled my eyes and snorted softly at the same time . Seriously ? A show name ? Did he think I was some kind of a stripper , twirling around a pole or something ?

Yeah, not funny. Did I mention that Mr. Clarck was a freaking divorced 48 years old Literature teacher with no goal but to make his students' lives miserable... and who also lives with his old mother? Yeah, I guess that's where he got his sense of humor from.

"So... can you introduce yourself and tell us your story ? we wanna know a few things about the mysterious life of Miss Eve Mario .." he continued due to my lack of response.

"Not really," I respond immediately. What the hell is wrong with him? Why would I ever introduce myself? I don't want anyone to recognize me! Am I in some sort of support group or something?

"Okay, why not Ms. Mario? Are you the shy kind of girl?" he said. Oh for gosh sake please make him shut up! And what is it with him calling me "Ms. Mario"?! I already hated that name so no need to remind me that I'm due to be called by that for the rest of my life.

"So instead of responding I made eye contact with him and he began backing away from my desk. Glaring at him, it took him a good ten seconds before making his way behind his desk. And I swear to god I can literally hear him clearing his throat. Thank god this conversation came to an end.

"WHO IS SHE?"

"Why is she here?"

"Where did she come from?"

Those were the kind of whispers I heard while I flinched in my seat. Everyone was either surprised with my encounter with Mr. Clarck or gawking at me. It was though as I was some kind of monster from outer space.

I mean stop it you people! Can't you tell I'm getting really uncomfortable.

" Welcome to our school new girl. Am I allowed to call you that? 'cause you're such a feisty one.." someone whispered at me as I glanced over. ...Bo!

It was Bo.

Of course, like everybody else she wouldn't know who I was.

She was two seats away from me but the distance was substantial and as I glanced over at her, I hadn't notice before but I can literally see Diane and Mandy in their seats right next to her both staring at me. I noticed that Bo got a new haircut seeing that her hair is shorter now.

"I'm....I...Thank you, but no. You can call me by my name," I said trying to make shorter sentences.

I had to say...... looking at these familiar faces that I've been craving to see for a long time made me feel at home again. Also, I've come to notice that over the summer almost everyone forgot about that devilish day, letting the memories slip past their minds. At least I hope so...while I spent the past four months living in hell trying to forget the way the flames were eating my body alive and trying to get used to this new face..this new me.. and I refuse to share the memories with anyone.

And then there he was. In his seat next to the large window staring at the sky that once was clear but now is covered by a shade of dark clouds, not paying attention to anything or anybody. His soft hair is gelled up to an angle on his head. His blue eyes looked mesmerizing, and his skin looked quite tanned to a perfect golden glow. I noticed he looked different.

" OLIVER ! " Mr. Clarck called his name, cutting me from my thoughts as Oliver made his way to the board. Oliver had such a familiar, yet unrecognizable face.

I could instantly feel his eyes on me catching me off guard and chilling my bones as we made eye contact. Then he glanced over at his book as Mr. Clarck instructed him to read the first paragraph.

Oh dear, this is going to be a long year!

A.T :

That was the first chapter you guys it's not the best and i'm still getting used to this but yeah I hope you liked it . If you thought it was a bit boring well you haven't seen anything yet ! it's still the 1st chap ( I can tell u I smell drama in the way ) and can u pls vote comment and fan !!  pls if u wanna make edits/manips or a trailer (that'd be amazing) send them to me on

twitter : @wissaloffcial2 and follow me if u wanna make a friend I'm always active or

on instagram it's : wissalwing

Love y'all by ♡

-WissalWing !