chapter 17 [Engagement]

Akashi who was sipping a glass of water, choked on his drink. As for me, I did the unthinkable.

I spat out the drink on Akashi. It was not on purpose, it was unintentional, I was just so shocked and now horrified to what I just did.

"I-I-I'm so..I'm so sorry!" I cried out, standing up from my seat. "It was not on purpose, I'm just...it's just...really sudden for me."

Akashi didn't say anything, he just simply stayed silent, closing one of his eyes with the liquid sliding down his face. Mother looked horrified. So horrified in fact, it almost matches mine. Father and Mr.Akashi were beyond amused.

Mother finally snapped out of herself and glared at me. "What have you done?" Mother growled. She then turned to Akashi and gave an apologetic smile. "Seijurou, dear, go wash your face. I deeply apologize for my daughter's unwanted stunt."

"It's........fine, Ma'am." Akashi said, standing up from his seat wiping his face with his sleeve. "Please, excuse me."

"And you." Mother called out to me with an undoubtedly very sweet fake smile. "Go and be a sweetheart and show him the washroom."

"Yes, mother!" I exclaimed quickly, standing up from my seat and led Akashi to the washroom.

~~~

"I'm so sorry." I apologized for the 4th time. "I'm so sorry." 5th time.

Akashi looked irritated, this cause me to apologize again.

"Enough." He finally snapped. "I said it's fine didn't I? Stop apologizing."

I flinched at Akashi's tone and subconsciously apologized once more before slamming my mouth shut.

Akashi glanced at me and sighed. "nevertheless, where the washroom at?" He asked, looking uncomfortable for the sticky liquid on his face.

"Here."I said, stopping on my track as I pushed the bathroom door open. "Again, I'm so-"

"I get it." Akashi cut me out, stepping inside the washroom and shut the door.

I stood in front of the door, then reclined in the wall, letting out a sigh.

What mistake I've done.

It was unexpected, to think I was getting engaged at 16 and I haven't known him that long.

'Engaged. I'm getting engaged to Akashi.' I repeated to myself in the head. 'What am I going to do now?'

What does he think of this engagement? After spitting a drink on him, What does he think of me now? Why didn't mother tell me this beforehand? And most importantly,

do I like him?

Gosh, just thinking of the answer give me a headache. Especially the last question.

Do I like him?

I mean, although he can be cold sometimes, he'll still kind. We went on a date and he even called me beautiful. Though, he said my personality was not elegant. But....still..engaging with him? then after engaging, marry?! I'm not ready for this! We're just 16! I can't possibly be thinking about getting engaged now?! I haven't even had my first kiss yet and now-

The sound of flushing brought me out of my thought as Akashi stepped out the washroom. He looked more comfortable now. That's good to see.

"You're done?" I asked, standing up properly from my reclining figure. "Either way, we should get going. They're probably waiting for us."

"You're right." Akashi responded, fixing up his sleeves. "Let's go."

As we walked through the halls together, yet again. I can't help but wondered back to the question in my head.

What does he think of his arrangement?

"Akashi." I called. Akashi glanced at me, indicating that he's listening. "How do you feel about this engagement?" I continued.

Akashi looked back to the front and looked as if he's thinking about it, before finally answering.

"I was quite shocked at the beginning, but after getting sprayed by a drink. It cools me down a little." Akashi shrugged his shoulder. "the engagement itself was not much of a problem, I figured that it might happen anyway, father is the type of person who would arrange me with someone."

"....Is that so." I nodded my head in understanding. "And again, I'm sorry for-"

Akashi suddenly stopped on his tracks and cup my cheeks as he stared at me with his fierce eyes. "Stop." Was Akashi uttered after. "Stop apologizing, it's getting rather annoying."

Getting shocked at the same time flushed by Akashi's sudden action, I subconsciously let out an apology.

Again.

He stared at me unamusedly, still cupping both my cheeks up. "Seriously?"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to, it's just that...it came out. Ah- I'm sorry for apologizing so much- ah! I did it again, I'm sorry!"

Still cupping my cheeks, Akashi closed his left as let out a sigh once more. "You know what." He murmured out , letting go of my cheeks. "Just stay silent."

"Oh..okay." I said, still flushed by his previous action. "I'm so-"

Before I could finish the words, a slight sting was felt as Akashi flicked my forehead.

"Ouch."

"Stop it, I get it, you're sorry."

~~~

"Welcome back." Father said to both of us with a small smile. Despite that, you could definitely see a slight hint of amusement flickering in his eyes. "Took you awhile."

"Please, pardon us." Akashi responded back as he sits to his previous seat, which have been seen was cleaned.

"Likewise." I said, also sitting back to my seat. "I'm sorry for the unnecessary fiasco, I caused."

"It's fine." Mr.Akashi replied, setting down his drink. "It was rather amusing."

"Yes, I'm sorry for that. " I apologized again causing Mr.Akashi to let out a small chuckle and Akashi lets out a sigh.

"Moving aside futher disturbance, let's touch the base of this engagement." Father said as he neatly tucked his hands together.

"Yes, Let's start off with a simple necessity." Mr. Akashi continued.. "From this day onward, I want you both to call each other by their first name."

A/n:
Hello, my lovely readers 😁
First, I would like to thank you guys for sticking with me till this day. I'm glad that you're still enjoying this story.

Thank you.

Now, let's talk about this chapter.
Yey! Finally calling Akash-sorry Seijurou by his first name right?
About time.

And oh, engaged.

I was planning to make this chapter longer by adding the plans and all that jazz to this part, but, I found it rather boring so I didn't.

That'll all I have to say.

See you next chapter~ ♡