Chapter 2 [Parents]

The door to my father's office creaked as I opened the door. Sitting there was a man with a fancy suit working on their company latest project. The man looked up from his work and gave me a warm smile.

"How did the date go?" My father asked with a raised eyebrow, despite not being obvious, I could sense part of him worried about me.

"It went well." I responded with a small smile. "Better than the last one, to be precise."

"That's a good thing then." My father sighed in relief and smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. Either way your mother is waiting in the dining room, she wishes to speak with you. You may go now, I just want to check up on you."

"Yes, father. I'll be going then." I answered. I was about to stand up and leave when I heard a sigh coming from the man.

"How many times have I told you this? You don't have to be so formal with me, dad is fine." My father stated as he shook his head.

"Mother wouldn't be too happy about it." I smiled as I walked towards him and gave him a hug. "I'll be going now, you know how impatient mother is."

"She sure is." My father chuckled. "You better hurry now, kiddo or the dragon lady will catch you." He joked causing a snigger from me.

~~~

"What took you so long?"

"I was in father's office, mother." I stated politely. "He told me to come to his office once I've gone home from the date."

"I see." Mother said as she set her tea down. "How did the date go?"

"Well."

"Are you sure? Because the last time you went on a date, you manage to scare your date away."

"I did not, mother." I frowned, taking offense to that. I did not scare my date away, he just has some business to attend.

"Yes, you did." Mother retorted back. "But if you're actually telling the truth. I have good news for you."

"What is it?" I asked curiously, mentally giving up to the so call 'truth'.

"The head of Akashi family invited us, especially you to Kyoto in hopes of bringing you two closer." She said, emphasizing 'you.'

"Huh?"

"You heard me, young lady, so start packing we'll be going tomorrow morning at 8 a.m."

"Huh? That quick?!" I exclaimed loudly and stood up from my seat, breaking all the rules that my mother made me follow. "It's just our first date! And..and, it's not even 24 hours yet!"

"Manners." My mother criticized, giving me a glare. "I don't remember raising my daughter like that."

I apologized and sat back down. "Mother,It's just our first date. Should we be going after we know each other longer?" I repeated, this time more politely.

"Nonsense." She said, intertwining he finger together. "This trip is supposed to bring you two together, it doesn't matter if you knew him long or not."

"Bu- I-I understand." I said,deciding to not argue with her. "I'll start packing."

"Good. You may leave."

Author's note:
I came across pictures of a fancy villa in Kyoto,Japan. I thought it was pretty nifty, so this idea suddenly came to mind. XD

If you like this chapter, please click that little star button below. I will truly appreciate it.

That's all

Thanks for reading ♡♡