Twenty Nine

Dallon sits there in the waiting room, quietly waiting for any news. He's anxious and all, considering his best friend just tried to commit suicide. Any sane person would feel this way. Alexis is also supposed to be on her way soon. It's totally normal that she snuck out in the middle of the night and stole her parent's car while having no license. Not scary or illegal at all.

He sits there and waits. Waiting is all this is. Time will tell if Tyler survives or Alexis will arrive. He can only hope for the best. Which is the opposite of what he wants. Dallon is a control freak. He wants to have a good grasp on the situation and try to change it. But he can't do it here. It's all out of his control. And that's the opposite of what he's wanted.

Alexis busts in through the emergency room doors, spotting Dallon immediately and walking over to him. She brings him into a warm hug, rubbing his back soothingly. He lets out a sigh, burying his face into her shoulder. He couldn't cry. Not in public. Yet he was. And that's how you can tell that Dallon broke.

"I'm so sorry..." Alexis whispers, letting out a shaky sigh. "Is he okay?"

"Y-Yeah. They pumped his stomach. But they're worried that h-he'll stop breathing soon." Dallon whimpers, backing out of the hug and sniffling.

"Oh no..." Alexis frowns, walking over and getting a tissue box for Dallon. He takes it and nods, blowing his nose a couple times. "I'm so sorry, Dallon."

"D-Don't be." He sighs, throwing the tissue in the trash. "It's not your fault."

"I-Well still." She sighs, sitting in a chair next to him. She sits criss-cross, or Indian style if you're one of those people, in the seat. "S-So can there be visitors?"

"Nah. Family only." Dallon wipes his eyes. "His parents are supposed to be here soon. But I wouldn't count on it."

Alexis nods and looks at a People magazine. She leans over and grabs it, flipping through it. "I still don't understand why the hell people think this outfit is ugly." She laughs, showing Dallon an actually horrendous looking outfit. Cara Delevigne wearing a leather jacket, plaid skirt, band t-shirt, and blue skinny jeans is definitely not a cute match.

"Because it's fucking disgusting." Dallon laughs. Alexis frowns, bringing the magazine close to herself.

"I think it's cute. Just because it's a mess." She laughs, flipping through it again. Alexis sighs and throws the magazine back. She looks over to the hall, a boy with bright pink hair behind the reception desk. He looks familiar like... Josh Dun. Why is he behind the desk? Like, out of all people, Josh should not be working or even step foot in a hospital. "J-Josh?!"

Josh turns around, freezing up a bit. "Oh, hey Alex. Wh-Why're you here?" He laughs as he looks around. He walks from behind the counter, glancing at Dallon. Dallon gives him a death glare. Half because he almost beat up Brendon and half because he called Alexis by her birth name. If he wasn't crying, he would probably challenge him to a duel or something like that.

"Uh, you know Tyler, right?" She says nervously, looking at Dallon.

"Yeah. Why?" Josh replies, inhaling sharply. "What happened?"

"He, um..." She pauses, taking a deep breath. "He tried to commit suicide."

Josh gasps, putting his hand over his mouth. "O-Oh. Is he okay?"

"Yeah. They pumped his stomach. We tried to see him but, uh, family only." Alexis frowns, scratching her head.

"My mom's a nurse. I can, uh, get you in there if you want." He smiles, obviously shook from the news about Tyler. But why? They've never even talked to each other.

"Please." Dallon says abruptly, looking up at Josh.

Josh nods, looking back at the receptionist. "Okay. I'll be right back." He nods and heads into the back room quickly. He comes back after a good three minutes, nodding "You can go. Room twenty."

"Thank you." Alexis smiles, looking at Dallon. Dallon wipes his eyes with his sleeve and stands, delivering a small smile. Josh nods and starts to head to the room with them. Why is he so involved all the sudden? One second he was a homophobic shit and then all the sudden he's worried about the literally gayest kid in the school. Well, to be fair, Tyler is asexual. But he's also homoromantic.

The group enter the room, Tyler laying there while staring at the wall. Dallon smiles and begins to cry, taking a deep breath. Tyler looks at the group, quickly adverting his attention to the wall. Josh frowns and looks at him with empathy. He knows how painful it is to get your stomach pumped from that one time he accidentally ate a mushroom. He almost died, but the mushroom was kinda really delicious.

"T-Tyler?" Dallon stutters, letting out a laugh.

"I-I'm sorry." Tyler mumbles as he sits up weakly.

"Don't be. I'm sick of people people being sorry." Dallon smiles as he takes a seat on the bed.

"O-Okay." He almost whispers, hugging Dallon. The cords and tubes wrap around Tyler, restricting his movement significantly. "Thank you. So so so so so much."

"I-You're welcome." Dallon sighs, moving away from the hug. "Don't do it again."

"Okay."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Good."

________________________________________________________

I wrote two versions of this and Jesus Christ you're lucky I didn't post the other one where Tyler died. I actually cried while writing it.

that's how bad it was.