Four

Did you have fun? His mother signs as he sits on the couch, licking at his ice cream cone. He nods and smiles. Awesome. So did you meet anyone new?

Brendon nods and looks over. Yeah. There's Melanie, Frank, Ashley, Josh, and Patrick. They're all pretty nice and don't mind me constantly asking them to repeat stuff.

Well that's pretty cool. They should come over some time soon. I mean, if they want to. He shrugs, wiping away some crumbs from his shirt. Just a suggestion.

Yeah. I guess. I mean, they aren't the type you'd approve of

What do you mean?

Frank has tattoos and piercings, Melanie has half of her hair dyed black and the other a weird blue color, Josh has those earrings that make your ear lobes stretch out, and Ashley is just really crude.

Oh. Well still, you obviously like them.

I still don't know, Mom. Maybe later. Speaking of that, can I go hang out at Melanie's after school and have dinner?

I don't see why not. She smiles, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Cool. He replies, finishing up the ice cream cone and standing to go throw the wrapper in the trash. He walks to the trash and opens it with his foot, tossing the wrapper in there and beginning to go upstairs to his room. All he does in there is search the computer and attempt to draw, in which he ultimately fails.

He plops onto his bed, reaching over and closing his door. His room's small enough to simply lean over on the edge of his bed and tap the door to close it. He grabs the laptop from under his bed and opens it, the bright screen flashing in his face. He types in the password and opens Twitter, noticing how few people he follows. He shrugs it off and moves onto YouTube, clicking on the new Pewdiepie video.

Brendon leans back and clicks on the subtitles. Reading the words one by one. He's never really heard the voices of the people he watches on YouTube, so he simply makes up how he thinks they would in his head.

The video ends, Pewdiepie doing the brofist as Brendon clicks to a new tab and thinks of what to do. He sighs and just lays back, closing his eyes and smiling. Peace at last.