Twenty Three

Mirrors. Brendon hates mirrors. He ends up staring at himself in them, critiquing every last part of himself. His nose goes too low, his eyes are too big, his lips look too plump, his forehead is ginormous. Not to even mention his body. His arms too short, torso too long, muscles not big enough.

He feels weak because of it. No teenage boy is insecure about himself. But that's one of the most common misconceptions about people. Everyone is insecure, but we go on with our loves. It's normal. But Brendon hates himself with such a rage, that he keeps himself cooped up in his room.

The hearing aids bring too much attention for him to handle. Both reactions are positive or negative. Weird glances in public. The questions from children. "What are those things in that man's ears?" A question Brendon has heard too much.

Yet he learns to accept it because that's simply it. He understands that he's an imperfect human being like the rest of us. It's life. But he has too much time on his hands. He stares at himself in the mirror, realizing that his blemishes and freckles don't look right in that place. It would be better if this was placed here and that wasn't there.

His thoughts get disturbed by his phone buzzing. Brendon immediately reaches for his phone, reading Dallon's name. He sighs and unlocks his phone to read the messages.

Dallon: DOES THIS DRESS LOOK CUTE OR NO?

Dallon: 

Brendon: Sure

Brendon: Sure

Dallon: OKAY THANK YOU

Dallon: DAILY REMINDER THAT BOOBS ARE A BITCH 

Brendon: oh my god okay

Dallon: I'm in language arts right now please put a bullet in my head

Dallon: yES I KNOW WHAT A HAIKU IS

Dallon: here I wrote one

Dallon: stab me in the dick

Dallon: please just fucking kill me ugh

Dallon: refrigerator

Dallon: did you like that

Brendon: IM LAUGHING SO HARD???

Brendon: I PROBABLY SOUND LIKE IM DYING

Dallon: ahh gtg cya

Brendon: cya lol