Fourteen

Brendon: can I come over?

Dallon: please no. can I come over to yours?

Brendon: yeah, I guess

Dallon: cool be over in like 15 or so

-

Brendon walks downstairs, sitting on the couch while looking over at his mom. She's watching a movie as usual since she has nothing else to do in her free time.

"Hey ma. Dallon's gonna come over, is that alright?" I ask, sitting criss-cross.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, sure. You just gonna head upstairs and hang out there?" She asks curiously, making eye contact with him.

"Probably. We might walk to the park or something. Depends if we're doing anything." I inform her, smiling softly.

"Alright. Just be careful. I'll send Dallon up when he gets here." She smiles, turning her head back to the movie.

"Cool." I stand up, walking backwards to the stairs. "Thanks, ma."

"You're welcome, sweetie." She replies. Brendon runs back upstairs and into his room, closing the door behind him. He crashes on the bed and stares at the ceiling with a smile while waiting for him.

Brendon has fallen in love. And fallen a bit too deep.

-

"Brendon!" He yells while bursting into the room flamboyantly. Brendon jumps up and stands on the bed, looking at Dallon and laughing nervously. Dallon chuckles and closes the door behind him, sitting on the bed. Brendon plops down on the bed and giggles, looking over at him.

"So, uh, how are you?" Brendon asks nervously, running his hand through his hair.

"Good. What about you?" Dallon falls back so he's laying on the bed, smiling while looking up at him.

"Decent." Brendon smiles, looking down at Dallon while blushing.

"You wanna go over to Tyler's or something? I mean, you've never met him. But I could introduce you to him or whatever." He smiles, sitting up.

"Uh, yeah. My mom will probably be fine with it." Brendon stands, fixing a hearing aid.

"Cool." Dallon stands and opens the door, gesturing for Brendon to exit. Brendon does so and smiles, letting Dallon get in front of him.

"Ma! We're gonna go over to the park and stuff!" Brendon yells, heading outside.

"Alright! Be careful!" She yells, Dallon laughing and heading outside with him. Dallon closes the door behind him and puts his hand in his pockets and directing Brendon where to go.

"So, um..." Dallon says awkwardly, looking over at Brendon. "How did you, uh, get those or whatever?" He points to his own ear.

"Oh. I was born deaf, actually." He looks over, making eye contact with Dallon.

"Oh. So do those help?" Dallon chuckles.

"I mean, obviously. Sounds are muffled so I have to pay attention to lips and I can't hear stuff from far away." Brendon explains, blushing a bit.

"Fair enough. Do you know sign language?" He asks curiously, taking a turn down a street.

Yes. Brendon signs, smiling. Dallon chuckles and flicks a bug off of his shoulder. "Oh, thanks."

"I'm guessing that was a yes?" Dallon smiles, taking another turn.

"Yep." Brendon chuckles.

"Could you teach me how to do it?" He asks, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, I mean, it's really hard to pick up. Especially when you haven't heard anything ever. But since you can, I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up." Brendon looks at his feet, then adverts his glance to across the street.

"Cool. Thanks." Dallon smirks, looking at his own feet. He stops and sighs, Brendon stopping with him.

"What's up?" Brendon looks at him with a smile.

"I can't stop thinking about yesterday. Like did you like it? Was it a surprise? Did I screw up?" He looks back at him, concern showing on his face.

"Oh yeah. Um. I've just, never felt that before. It was... weird. But I liked it. Yeah. It's fine. I'd do it again if that makes you feel better." He laughs nervously, running his hand through his hair.

"Good. So I hope you don't mind me doing this." Dallon takes a step forward towards Brendon, locking lips with him. A car drives by and stops, Dallon looking over.

"Brendon Boyd Urie!"

Brendon looks up at Dallon, blushing a dark red. "Fuck."