Twelve

"It's the weekend!" Melanie screams as she runs out of the building, spinning around in circles and giggling. Brendon chuckles and walks over to her car, taking a seat on the passenger side. Mel sits in the driver's seat, putting her keys in the ignition. He looks up slightly from his phone, seeing Dallon with his regular clothing on.

Dallon looks around with paranoia, seeming oddly nervous about something. He lets out a sigh and leans on the red, weathered brick wall of the school. Brendon looks at him awkwardly from a distance, admiring his stature, his facial features, honestly everything about him.

"Hey, uh, Dallon! Need a ride?" Melanie yells from the car, looking over at the now blushing Brendon who has quickly diverted his attention from the boy. Dallon looks up from his phone and nods, grinning and making his way over to the car.

"Uh, thanks Mel." He gets in the backseat behind Brendon, tucking his long legs in there.

"My pleasure." She smiles, looking back at him. "Where do you live?"

"Uh, wait. Wanna come over today?" Brendon says, fixing a hearing aid and looking back at him.

"Oh! Sure. My parents will probably be fine with it." He smiles, a pink blush forming on his face.

"Cool." He smiles, turning on the radio and slouching in his seat. Melanie pulls out of the parking lot and begins to drive to Brendon's home.

-

"Hey, uh, I brought I friend over!" Brendon yells as he enters the house, his mother watching a movie and eating popcorn on the couch.

"Alright! Are you two hungry?" She yells from the living room.

"Nope. We'll be in my room!" Brendon yells back, gesturing for Dallon to follow. Dallon nods and stays close to Brendon, flipping his backpack so there's only one strap on his shoulder.

"And here is my mess of a room." Brendon chuckles, opening the door and exposing his room with plenty of clothes and books littering the floors. Dallon laughs, walking in and setting his backpack on the corner of the floor. He looks around at the walls that are filled with foreign movie posters and highly detailed drawings of various people.

Brendon walks in a lets out a sigh, throwing his messenger bag on the floor and plopping onto his bed. He feels at his ears and pulls the hearing aids off. He lets out an awkward sigh and lays back, rubbing his ears.

Dallon chuckles, sitting on the corner of the bed. He looks at the peaceful Brendon with a soft smile, admiring his looks as much, maybe even more, as Brendon was at the school.

Brendon suddenly pops up and blushes, sliding his left hearing aid on with a bit of a struggle. He then puts on the other one, looking at Dallon with a smile.

"Whadya wanna do?" Dallon asks, stretching a bit.

"Um..." Brendon thinks for a little bit, looking around.

"Blindfolded drawing?" Dallon laughs, knowing how stupid of an idea it is.

"Oh my god yes." Brendon jumps up, running over to his desk that's littered with crumpled up papers and broken pencils. He grabs a notebook and a pen, going back over to the bed. "You wanna go first?"

"Sure." Dallon chuckles, grabbing the items. He flips to a blank page in the notebook and holds the pen, closing his eyes. "Just draw each other?"

"Sure! Now go." Brendon says, seeming oddly entertained.

"Okay. Okay. Um..." Dallon positions his hand on the paper, starting the outline of his face. He makes an awkward oval shape with sharp edges for the jawline. He then goes up way too far on the forehead, making eyes where his hairline should be. He goes down an inch or two, starting his nose which seems to just be a blob. Then he starts the over-exaggerated lips, making the lines way too thick.

"Did I do okay?" He opens his eyes, bursting into laughter as he sees the picture. Brendon laughs, snorting a bit at Dallon's contagious cackle. They both fall back, twisting with laughter. Brendon and Dallon's laugh slowly turns into a giggle and they face each other, laying on the bed.

They look at each other and make eye contact, becoming straight-faced. Dallon doesn't hesitate and goes in for a kiss, Brendon freezing with shock. He stops for a second, trying to pull away but soon relaxing. He smiles and begins to make out with him.

You've fucked up so bad, Brendon. He thinks, continuing to kiss him. He backs up and pauses for a second, looking at Dallon. "Thank you."