"Kuroba-kun, you have something to tell?" The teacher asked.

"No, miss..." He mumbled.

"Well then, be quiet and listen."

He groaned silently, rolling his eyes then averted towards Akako across the room, glaring at her. There wasn't a sign of amusement on her face, instead her seriousness shown. Kaito realised it was really important, and he had to talk to her after this lesson ends.

Lunch came, and his stomach is finally rumbling. He needed to buy food until Aoko caught his attention, standing right in front him.

"Kaito! What's wrong with you in the past few days?"

Kaito shrugged. He didn't know what to say.

"And why is it that your house is destroyed?"

He tensed. He had to make another lie to her. But he was facing the consequences, so he must.

"Um...a car crashed into my house...and then got away..." He lied, trying not to blink. Aoko raised her eyebrow.

And to think that Aoko would already called the cops in the morning. Oh god this is awful.

"That doesn't seem like a car crashed into your house though." Aoko said, squinting her eyes at him suspiciously. Kaito shrugged.

"Ehehe...then I wouldn't know, now would I?" He nervously chuckled and it slowly died down.

"Well if the car crashed into your house, how come you didn't call the police? Also why wasn't Aoko awoken from the noise? Your house is closer to Aoko's!" She bellowed, enough to make Kaito's eardrums to burst. He covered his ears. Same old Aoko, eh?

"Plus I haven't seen your cousin after a while now, where is your cousin?!" She yelled.

"She said she will be living with her parents since they came to this country." Kaito said, making up another lie. Plus, how many questions does this girl have?

Aoko sighed, her hands on her waist. She was just worried. Kaito getting distant in the past few days doing his on business wherever he went or disappeared in the middle of the class. She had so many questions inside her that she wanted ask, but she doesn't know if she could keep the deep thought of feeling that she had of losing Kaito very soon.

Almost a minute, Hakuba came around Kaito's desk, his curiosity building up within him. He eyed on him, getting closer inspection of any signs that would falter on his expression. Kaito remained his own natural poker face that never seemed to be in doubt, however it was close to falter into his nervous smile.

Aoko looked right beside him, very confused to see what's up with the intense stare. Hakuba gave a small cough, "I need to talk to you, Kuroba-kun." Kaito raised his eyebrow up, and wasn't really going to ask any questions.

"Alright," He pushed his chair back and stood up. "Talk here or..."

"Just follow me. It's important." He said. Kaito nodded reluctantly, glancing back at Aoko who seemed surprisingly worried. That made Kaito's heart plummet to his stomach. His childhood friend who he seemed to love, living the days with most lies uttered out to his childhood friend. It wasn't about the Kaitou KID thing that he didn't want to confess about. It's the days where he had to lie and go straight to the heist.

And most of the time, Aoko seemed really, really lonely. It showed in her eyes, even if she is hanging out with Keiko when Kaito isn't around. Kaito had notice it, and he felt really guilty.

Kaito sighed, and gave her a small smile. "Aoko, if everything is finally done, I promise I'll come to you."

Aoko just silently nodded, watching Kaito following behind Hakuba. Aoko didn't know what was going on, but all she knew that Kaito would be back for her, soon enough.

Meanwhile, after a quick walk to some empty stairway that was leading to the third floor, they both stopped between the staircase. Kaito slid his hands in his pockets, his hands sweating. The atmosphere seemed thick, and the silence was deafening. Small footsteps quietly getting louder, make them both hear every bit of the movement. It made more than enough for Hakuba to finally talk as soon as he can.

"Kuroba Kaito. I know who you are, but lets skip to the point." He breathed and paused. "I'd never seen something so outrageous than finding out you're Kaitou KID."

"And...what? I told you many times, I am not Kaitou KID." He huffed, looking away. "I am just a fan of him. Geez." He had to act, seemingly to make it as if he was joking around. He knew that this British bastard was as bad as he get in most heists he attended. Kaito didn't exactly like him one bit. He was boring. Nothing compared to his Tantei-kun. Conan gives him a rush of adrenaline. He liked it, his face expressed in excitement. He smiled to the thought until Hakuba spoke.

"About that girl with glasses..." Kaito reacted quickly, turning his head around slightly, in attention to his words, sweating. Hakuba smirked. "It seems you do know her quite well." Kaito knew he was trouble, but assuming that Ani had talked to him, meaning she knows him well. Kaito doesn't know the concept of how she knows so much about himself and other people. Them, being fictional, created by one person, then about a series. He shook his head and responded.

"I can't hide the fact now can I? Since you're a detective." Kaito hated the fact he would knew, or how the hell did he witness her. But in conclusion to that, it came up that it was probably when he followed him to where Ani was and saw a massive mess that Ani made. Remembering back to that huge black ball that sucked up the front school.

"I saw it. It sparked my interest ever since. I didn't know magics exist." He gave a sly look to him. That made Kaito pretty disgusted. His tendency to know about it creeped Kaito out. Never he had seen this part of Hakuba, ever.

"Magics do exist, that's why we magicians are around." Kaito said, referring to Akako as the red witch.

"Yes but I am talking about real magic. That girl you are familiar with seem to know me so well. And the bunch of kids that she knew as well. And I never met her." His voice grew deeper. He was serious about it.

Kaito rubbed his head, stress was building up. "Did she say anything to you?" He groaned.

"She was about to, but stopped halfway until students came this way. I stopped by to the police department asking about what happen to the school. They didn't really know about it since no bomb can do such a precise concave shape on the building. That left a mystery, however I was told that I should keep my mouth shut. And I knew from her eyes, she would do something nasty to me." He shivered, just remembering the magic she casted. That never fazed Kaito anymore. He knew he saw much more worse that. Getting killed by Ani, that is.

Kaito pressed his palm on his cheek, couldn't really say anything. "So...what do you want then?"

"I want to know what's up between you two." Kaito's body tensed up.

(If this was like my way of doing things that I really want my imagination will run wild and Kaito will be like "bb we go to bed") (im jk kaito for shinichi pls)

"We just know each other, I don't think we need more explanation." He laughed nervously. Hakuba got closer to him.

"I am sure it was more just than 'knowing each other'. It clearly says on your face. You know a lot about her. You have to explain, I won't be letting you go."

Kaito blinked, smiling weirdly at him with no clue. "I think we should be heading back to class. This isn't really a time for explanation." He began to walk downstairs and through the corridors. Everyone was slowly disappearing into their classrooms. While Hakuba was just a minute behind him, heading towards the same direction.

He was trying to keep things a secret. Now this bastard knew and Ani knew about him also, it seemed he wouldn't let this slide. While Ani knew him as well, she must be a future of the universe but of course, she doesn't exist here anyway. 

--------

Soz short cuz I hate my life, nah fuck that ugh. Well I guess after this book finishes, I should edit it, CUZ SO MUCH FUCKING MISTAKES. Oh wait, someone is doing that. Thanksu mighty person.

- Ani the ducker