Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Scott kept his ear to the door for footsteps, and once they were out of hearing distance, he opened the door and the others followed after him in the hallway. They stayed quiet while walking, but it was hard when every footstep echoed. There was a reason that place was called echo house.

Step two of the plan was going smoothly until they reached the area with the first door that was needed to pass. Two guards were at the door: two guards that shouldn't have been there. Stiles pushed them back as they almost walked down the hall where they were. "What are they doing there?"

"I don't know. Their round should've ended five minutes ago," Stiles said. There couldn't be a flaw in the plan. It wouldn't work if there was. Everything needed to go smoothly. The time they had was very strict and one small felt could ruin the whole thing.

"I can take them," Liam suddenly offered. He cracked his knuckles and looked up to his alpha for permission. Though they were sure that he could easily take down two security guards - it would cause too much of a scene for them. They couldn't risk getting caught. 

"No one's taking anyone," Scott disagreed.

Addy shrugged her shoulders. They needed to do what they needed to do. "He's got a point. There's three minutes left. We can't wait that long," she pointed out.

"Yeah, we'll just knock them out, then hide the bodies," Liam continued. The plan seemed logical.

"Oh my god, please stop, both of you," Stiles whispered, an exasperated look on his face. There was a loud bang from beside them, which Addy almost screamed at, but a hand covered her mouth before she could. Liam slowly removed his hand, and gave her a nod, which she returned.

There was a boy in the cell, probably close to the same age they were. "Have you seen the doctor?"

"What?" Addy asked. What doctor? The kid rambled on about needing his medication, which he obviously needed. "We'll get the doctor."

He slammed his hands on the glass again. If he didn't shut up, then those guards would find them and they would be screwed. Not only would Lydia be gone, but they would be arrested for breaking in. The four winced at the loud noise. That wasn't going to end well.

The kid kept rambling about the doctor and creating more noise than before. Addy was growing increasingly frustrated at him and was close to breaking in and shutting him up the hard way.

"Someone shut him up," Stiles said through gritted teeth. He kept hitting the glass, and Addy could see the shadows of the guards walking towards them. Scott took authority, and used his alpha status to shut the kid up with a low growl. The kid was then too shocked to do anything else but stare.

Finally, the guards left and they could go to the first door. The lights flickered as they walked down the hall. Something that was surly done by Kira. Or at least hopefully.

"She did it. Kira did it." Addy grinned. "Five minutes to get to Lydia."

Stiles held the key card in his hand, but it was rendered useless as there was no electronic swipe to use it. "Where's the card reader? It should be here. It has to be here."

Addy's jaw clenched. "No, they took it out when the Dread Doctors got through. Dammit."

"Are you telling me we came all the way down here just to get stopped by an ordinary key? Are you kidding me?" Stiles exclaimed. That was two mistakes so far. They couldn't handle a third if they got through that door.

"We don't need a key, not if we can break it down," Liam came up with. Addy nodded. The three creatures pushed against the metal. Addy could feel it leave prints in her hands. The door wasn't budging. The metal groaned from the pressure, but it wasn't working.