Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to hurt you. Never again," Liam promised. He was going to keep that promise, even if that meant getting killed in the process. He needed Addy to trust him again. He missed her like crazy, and it was slowly driving him insane to know that she was there all the time and he couldn't call her his. Addy was his anchor. She had been since the beginning.  "How did you get hurt?"

"Doesn't matter," Addy mumbled.

He was hurt that she didn't trust him enough to tell him. It was something bad if she hadn't healed yet. In fact, he didn't even know what the wound was. She wasn't healing, and that scared the shit out of him. "I'm worried about you," Liam sighed.

"Well, don't be," Addy snapped. She didn't mean to use that harsh of a tone, but it just came out like that. The outline of a frown could be seen on Liam's face and she knew it hit him hard.

It was quiet for several moments. Their breaths were getting heavier and the air was getting thinner. Addy didn't notice the heat, but Liam was sweating a lot. She produced enough heat as it was, and with the amount of body heat in the small space, it was a furnace.

"I'm sorry," they both said at the same time. She felt bad for snapping. Even though she was still mad, she didn't need to be that rude. Liam smirked and continued his apology, "I don't know how many times I have to say it, or what I'm going to do to make it up to you, but I miss you, Ads."

"I shouldn't have snapped at you," Addy sighed. Liam frowned for the barely a second when she didn't say that she missed him too. However, she relaxed more in his arms, which put a smile on his face.

"No, you should have. You had every right to punch me last night, and beat me, call me names. I deserve that," Liam told her. And she did, because he was an ass, and she was right about everything. He deserved what he got and more.

"Maybe a little bit." She grinned lopsidedly. "I just wished you would have thought about it more that night. We could have figured out another way or something."

"I know, I just... I don't know what I was doing. I don't have an excuse. You're right. I just, you're right." Liam looked into her eyes, which were hard to see in the lack of light. Addy leaned up in the body bag and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, which flared up red as soon as she made contact.

"I just need time," she said. Addison needed time to think over everything that was said, that was done, the affects and repercussions, she needed time to push past all of that.

"I'll make it up to you in that time."

"I'm sure you will."

)(            *              )(

After nearly getting caught in at the gate, and then having been brought inside, Addy was panicked about the plan to say the least. They were in Eichen now, and only steps away from getting Lydia. Once they were sure that everyone left the morgue, Addy wasted no time to unzip the bag and breath in a deep breath of fresh air.

Liam was much the same, and sat up quickly with Addy still on his lap. She was never getting inside of one of those things again, not unless she was dead for real. Scott and Stiles heard their whole conversation on the way over, but didn't say anything about it. It was good for them.

"Never again." Stiles glared at no one in particular.

"You didn't have to share," Addy hissed. It was worse with two people, way worse. She pulled out her phone and checked the time. "Fifteen minutes starting now."

She pulled herself out of the bag and unzipped the side for Liam to get out. There was a crash from the side. Stiles had fallen off the table they were on. Addison rolled her eyes at him. Once they were up and out, they waited by the door for the last people to walk by.