Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"No, I can't. I won't. I'll share with the dead guy before I share with him," Addy shook her head. She wasn't going to share a body bag with Liam. Stiles, Parrish, and Liam were talking by the police van while Scott and Addy were in an empty office.

"It's the only way. Liam and you are the smallest. We couldn't fit another two in the bag," Scott told her. "And your not getting put in a body bag with a dead body."

"I'm technically a dead body," she pointed out. Scott gave her a look. 0"You just want us to be close so I will forgive him? Scott, how could you forgive him? He tried to kill you, and I'm sure if Mason and I didn't show up when we did, he would have," Addy whisper shouted at him.

"He's my beta, Ads. He realized he made a mistake, and he said he would make up for it. I trust him, and you should too."

"I don't know if I can," she admitted. It was hard enough to trust people before. With killings and murders happening around them, it was even harder. But she knew Liam. She knew him better than anyone else. And she trusted him and loved him with all of his flaws and mistakes. But what he did was too extreme to just forgive and forget.

"If I can do it, you can too. He's not the bad guy." Scott smiled. "Come on, we have to go."

"I'm doing this for Lydia," Addy breathed out, and repeated the chant in her head. They walked out of the building and back around to the others. They would need to stop at the hospital to grab one of the bodies to put in the fourth bag.

Half an hour and an awkward drive later, they were getting ready in the bags. The body that they grabbed reeked of decay and death, but was thankfully smothered by the bag as it was zipped up. Scott and Stiles were already in their own while Addy and Liam stood there uncomfortably.

"Uh, how are we going to do this?" Liam asked, scratching the back of his neck. He easily agreed to the situation. At least he could be close to her, even if she was still mad.

"Let's just, uh, let's see what works," Addy shrugged. They climbed into the bag, both lying on their sides but quickly deeming that uncomfortable and it didn't look right since they tried staying as far apart as possible. They tried several different ways before Addy had enough. "Just lay down on your back okay?"

Liam looked shocked for a second before complying. Off to the side the other three were trying their best not to laugh at them. It was just one big mess. Liam lied on his back, his eyes widening as Addy laid on top of him, their chests touching. They hadn't been that close in a long time, and he missed the warmth she brought.

"Are you guys good now?" Parrish chuckled. Addy huffed and pulled her arm back before giving him the finger. The deputy rolled his eyes and zipped up the bag, trapping the teens in. Liam tried his best to keep his heart steady since she was able to feel it, but it was hard when a beautiful girl was on top of him.

It was getting harder to breathe in there, but it was manageable. Addy was trying her best not put all of her weight on him, but her arms were getting sore. Every bump in the road made it harder to keep herself up. Not only that, but her torso began to hurt again. It was a dull ache that wouldn't go away. She winced, which Liam's werewolf ears easily picked up on.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Addy grunted.

Liam pulled one of his arms up and pushed away the hairs that dangled on her forehead. "You haven't healed yet, have you?" Liam scrunched his eyebrows together. She should have healed by now. It was dark in there, but he could see the shaking of her head. "You can relax, you know. I'm not going to hurt you."

"You sure about that?" she scoffed. Liam sighed. They were over that conversation. He pulled on Addy's wrists. She tumbled down on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around her back. She squirmed for several seconds before giving up.