43

"DAD!" I yelled walking into my house.

"Adilynn is everything okay?" He asked worried

"Yeah everything's fine we just needed your help." I nodded towards John.

"Whatever I can do, you know I will" he patted Johns back and say on the couch.

"We wanna find my son" John said sitting in the chair, "I at least want to meet him, there has to be something I can do now that I'm an adult right?" He asked

"Of course, there's lots of things you can get do but it's all a process." My dad explained

"Of course, and I'm willing to do what ever I have to" he added

"Me to" I smiled

"Okay first I'm going to need to know the state he's in, it makes it a little easier"

"Nebraska, they couldn't move him from there without permission from a biological parent and I didn't sign anything" he said

"Did his mother?" My dad asked unknowingly

"No sir," he stopped for a minute, "she um passed while giving birth" he put his head down.

"I'm sorry really sorry my dear" my mom said walking in the room, "I didn't know and I suppose I should have been a bit nicer" she hugged him and he looked at me shocked.

"I'm into the Nebraska system, do you have a name?" My dad asked

"Kelton." He smiled

"It only shows one Kelton. Kelton Reign" my dad said.

"Oh my god" John gasped, "that was Al's last name, it's him it's really him" John was so emotional right now and yet so happy, and I'm happy for him, he found his son. "What next?" He asked

"It list the house he's currently in, your next step would be to contact them, let them know what your intentions are and your relationship, ask if you can meet him." My dad explained, "I can make a few calls and get a phone number for you"

"Thank you sir, it means a lot" Swazz said hugging my dad.

"Adilynn dear, would you mind helping me with dinner? We can let the boys handle this part" my mother said

"Sure thing mom"

While we cooked we made small talk; "How's Tyler? When was the last time you heard from him? I can't believe you let him and Lisa fly to aspen with his friends" stuff like that.

Then my mom asked a heavy question, "what happens if when John meets the kid, one of them becomes attached?"

"Then," I sigh, "we take it day by day and do the best thing for Kelton." I smiled

"I'm glad you say that because," I turned around to the voice, "I just talked to the family he's staying with, they're going to let me meet him!" John said picking me up and hugging me

"Oh my gosh?! Really?! This is so exciting!"

"Yes and they said I can come as soon as possible!" He exclaimed

"Then what are you waiting for?!" I laughed

"I wasn't planning on leaving you for Christmas, and I want you to be there when I meet him" he explained, "so I was thinking after the holidays even though it's so far away-"

my mom cut him off, "Nonsense, we'll just have to bump the holidays up a few weeks, Christmas is officially happening tonight and you guy will leave tomorrow" my mom smiled, "you need to be with him now that you found him"

"Adilynn go call your grandmother and tell her to come over now. Let her know I will take care of the last minute gifts she has to get, John would you mind starting the cookies and Ad will help when she gets done, Robert dear will you finish cooking, I need to go pick up a few things." My mom instructed, washing her hands and walking out the door.

I did as I was told and called my Nana, briefly explaining the situation and telling her to come over before heading back into the house.

I snuck up behind John and scared him so badly that he threw the flour in his hands everywhere. I grabbed some sugar and threw it back at him, and then came a full on war, we through stuff back and forth for a few minutes before my dad returned to the kitchen.

"What the hell is happening right now?!" My dads voice boomed through the room

"Well you see dad what really happened was that we were planning on....EVERYTHING. WAS JOHNS FAULT! HE DID IT! IT WAS ALL HIS IDEA! I DID NOTHING" I said looking at my dad then John.

My dad looked at John and Swazz shook his head slightly and tried to discreetly point at me....he failed

"Now daddy who are you going to believe here? Your sweet, innocent, little girl?" I batted my eyes "or that asshole standing over there?" I gestured towards him.

"I'm gonna have to go with the asshole" my dad replied and John started running after me and picked me up rubbing it in my face.

"What ever but now we're out of stuff for cookies" I pointed out and they both groaned, "you two clean up, I'll be back in less than ten minutes" I warned, dusting myself off and running to the small bakery down the road.

"Hi what can we get for you today?" A nice old lady asked

"Yeah um I kind of need three dozen sugar cookies and a dozen snicker doodles in like the next five minutes" I said

"Oh dear," the lady looked frazzled, Leaning to the man working with her and telling him something before he answered and she turned back to me, "all we have is Christmas themed ones from an order that got pushed back-"

"That's perfect!" I exclaimed as she packaged them quickly and I handed her the cash. "Have a nice night" I waved running out and rushing home. I pushed the door closed just as my moms car pulled in the driveway. "Let's move people, I got the cookies!" I said opening the boxes as John rushed to get them on a baking rack.

"I'm home!" My mom yelled. "And I brought grandma!" She laughed.

"NANA!" I yelled hugging her tight "I missed you"

"I missed you to dear, who's your friend?" She asked

"Nana this is my boyfriend John, John this is my Nana Lynn" I introduced

"Please, call me Lynn" she said dragging him to the other room to talk.

After about ten minutes of them talking I heard a squeal out of my grandma and looked in the room. They were sitting on the couch as if they were gossiping and my grandma turned to me, "you got a keeper here" she winked. What the hell?

"Dinner" my mom yelled as we all took our seats and said the prayer before eating over small talk and relocating to the living room with cookies and milk to open presents.

"Now before we start I just want to thank you guys for being so amazing and quite literally rescheduling Christmas for us, that was so nice of you and I just wanted to say thank you" John toasted with his milk glass.

We opened presents and sat around talking. I ended up getting some gift cards for iTunes, PacSun, and Rip Curl from my parents, a new pair of heels and a purse from John, and a necklace from my grandma.

"Well should we go pack?" I asked John and he nodded.

"Before you go, here's the gifts I picked up for your grandmother today" my mom handed us two flat boxes.

We both opened them at the same time, "you got our plane tickets" I yelled, "thank you guys, so much for everything" I hug and kissed all of them as John thanked them and hugged my mom and Nana, shaking my dads hand before we disappeared to pack.