4

Adilynn's POV

I walked back into my house, discomforted by the thought of somebody being in here for hours without my knowledge. I could hear Nate walking softly behind me. I made my way up the steps looking for anything that might be missing or out of place. Nothing seemed abnormal to me as I continued down the hall towards my room.

My mind kept running through everything that had happened since I had been home from work. I retraced my steps trying to see how I missed the fact that somebody was hiding in my house for at least three hours without me knowing.

"Oh my god" I let out involuntarily when realization struck me.

"What? What is it?" Nate asked stepping closer

"I-I-I changed in here, He-he-he was hiding in here, he saw everything" I said not wanting to cry but this was all to much for me.

"He what?!" Nate asked with a hint of something in his voice, I just couldn't figure out what exactly it was.

Nate's POV

"I-I-I changed in here, He-he-he was hiding in here, he saw everything" the words fell out of her mouth and all I could hear was fear.

"He what?!" I don't know why I got so mad. I just felt really protective of her.

I have a feeling that she has trust issues with guys and maybe a past that makes her fear small things. I mean she called me creepy for just watching her surf. If it wasn't uncomfortable for her, she wouldn't have cared, but she did. I know something happened but I also know now isn't the time to ask her about it either.

I walked closer to her and she tensed up as I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Hey hey it's okay. It will all be okay Adilynn" I whispered as I pulled her in to a lose hug, not wanting to trigger anything for her.

"Let's just get you some clothes in a bag and get out of here, okay? Does that sound okay?" I asked and she nodded pulling out of the slight hug

"Yeah" she whispered

"Yeah" I whisper back smiling a little. I walked over to her bed where I saw an empty bag laying. I'm assuming it's her work bag or something but it will work for now.

"Pack up" I smiled trying to lighten the mood even in the slightest.

I sat on her bed and watched as she pulled stuff or of drawers quickly shoving it into the bag. "How much should I pack?" She asked turning to me

"Ummmm I'm not sure but I would get enough for a few week just because you never know for sure" I replied.

"Done!" She said a few minutes later zipping her bag. She ran into her bathroom and grabbed another bag which I assume was make up and girl stuff. Ick. "Let's go" she said walking out of her room and down the stairs, me hot on her tail.

"I need to call some hotels real quick and find one to stay at" she said as she grabbed her purse from the coat hanger and took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Okay" I smiled at her. I watched her facial expressions as she was on the phone. Her face would be soft like her voice as the conversation started at each new place, but then it would turn hard a frustrated as each one explained they didn't have a room available.

She let out a heavy sigh as she hung up with presumably the last possible hotel in the state of California. "Nothing! Absolutely nothing open within a hundred miles of here" she groaned pushing back from the table.

We walked outside to see her two friends standing there but no cops. "Where did they go" she asked looking between them.

"A call came in, apparently there was a shooting nearby and they needed to get there ASAP" one of the girls explained.

"Okay so are you guys heading home then?" Adilynn asked.

"Yeah, did you find a hotel to stay at?" The other asked

Ad let out a long sigh before explaining that there were no open rooms anywhere.

"Adi I'm so sorry! I would let you stay with me but I'm already sleeping on a couch in my cousins basement. Is there anything I can do to help?" The short one asked

"No Maya, you do plenty for me, I'll find somewhere to go. I might head to the airport and see if I can get a flight home for the time being" what?! She can't leave! She has a life here she can't just drop it all.

I was about to speak up when the other girl did "What about Chris? He should be getting off soon and you could stay at his place right? I would have you stay with me but for the time being, I'm sleeping in my childhood room in my parents house"

"Trinity I know your situation and just like Maya you have done plenty to help me out. Plus Chris sold his apartment and moved back into his dorm. I'll just figure something out. You guys can head on home." She smiled hugging them

"No we're not leaving until we know you have somewhere to go" they said at the same time.

"You could stay with me" the words rolled out of my mouth before I could even think.

Her head whipped around looking at me like I was crazy "wh-what?" She stuttered

There was that unsureness around guys again. "Stay with me. I have an extra guest room and my roommates won't mind! Plus John's sister is in town so you won't be the only girl! Look I know you don't know me very well but you also don't have very many options either." I said trying to sell it to her.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude or cause any problems or anything?" She shifted uncomfortably. I knew it wasn't her first choice but what I said was true, she doesn't have many other options.

"You won't be intruding! It's the least I can do! Besides I'm not gonna leave you on the streets" I smirked

"If you're sure" she said quietly

"I'm positive! Now let's go, it's a long drive home" I said taking her bag from her and putting it in my car while she said bye to her friends.