3

Adilynn's POV

After talking a few more seconds with Nate and his nameless friend, we exchanged numbers and I promised I wouldn't back out. I wished I could have stayed a little longer but I had to get back to work sooner or later.

I re-entered the diner picking up my notepad and immediately returning to taking orders. To say that my mood increased dramatically was an understatement. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day that nothing could change.

Nothing except him.

Shaking the unwanted thoughts from my head I continued scribbling down the kind old couples' order which I was currently taking.

-

The clock ticked faster than ever as time passed. Still to slow, but quicker than usual. The girls were coming over tonight and I was more than happy to have more distractions. As long as I could keep myself busy, that was less time I could spend stressing.

"Adilynn your shift just ended you're free to go" my coworker Chris said taking my notepad to use for his shift.

"Thanks Chris!" I yelled walking to the back of the kitchen and into the locker rooms to change. Although it was a very causal diner on the beach, I still liked to bring a change of clothes because otherwise I felt dirty the whole way home. That being said, I was pretty much the only one to ever use the locker room for anything other than storage.

I quickly spun the lock around to the numbers I'd memorized so well, 68-42-00, and pulled a new pair of shorts and a tank top out. I changed in front of my locker not worrying about someone walking in. Sliding on my beat up black vans before relocking my locker, grabbing my purse and walking out.

-

I get home to see the girls cars in my drive way, but not them. Okay then. I went to unlock the door but it was already open. I walked in to see Trinity and Maya sitting on my couch casually talking. They were already in their pajama pants with a bowl of popcorn between them.

"Hey guys! I see you let yourselves in" I chuckled, unsure of how exactly they got in.

"Yeah! It's about time you got home!" Maya yelled throwing popcorn at me

"Sorry, you know some of use have jobs that we have to do" I retorted

"Yeah well-" Maya was cut of by Trinity.

"Ladies ladies you're both ugly as hell, it's okay there's no need to fight it" she said casually before going back to picking a movie

"Hey!" Maya and I yelled at the same time.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go change real quick I'll be back" I mumbled jogging up the stairs.

I sighed dumping my work clothes in the laundry pile that had accumulated by my door and hanging my purse on the holder. I looked around, something didn't feel right. It was really creepy but I brushed it off quickly before stripping out of the clothes I had driven home in and refolded them, seeing as they weren't dirty. I bent over to grab a pair of pajama pants out of my drawer and slipped them on, before grabbing a cami out of my closet and sliding that on, going back downstairs.

"Did you find one?" I asked Trinity

"Um yeah I found this one, it's called 'A Few Best Men' I don't know what it is but it looks funny" she shrugged before pressing play on the movie.

Needless to say, it had a low Netflix rating for a reason, it was stupid. It wasn't bad or anything, just rather stupid humor. Thank god I had Nate blowing up my phone to keep me interested in something. After about the fifteenth time my phone went off, Maya stopped the movie looking at me. "Who the hell is it" she questioned