2

Adilynn's POV

I had moved out to California on pure hope. Hope that after I took my year off (this year) I would get into UCLA.

I had applied last month to start after the upcoming summer and I should know by now. But I don't. It's been stressing me out so much and I just needed a break so I decided to go surfing. I made a couple of my friends to go with me so I didn't have to be alone. I surf all the time but I just don't trust myself today.

I've been out here for three hours but I need to get to work soon. "One more guys then I have to go to work" I said paddling out to catch a big wave. Honestly I was doubting myself but I'm going for it anyway.

I caught it and I rode back to the girls and we started paddling in.

"Hey Adi some guy was watching you while you were out there" Trinity told me as I strapped my board to the top of my jeep.

"Oh well. Some creep is the least of my worries right now." I sighed getting in my car and buckling up.

"Hey" Trinity said coming up to my window "don't get down on yourself. You'll get there I promise" she smiled

"Thanks Trin. Off to work I go" I sighed driving off.

----At Work----

Today has been crazy busy. Just what I need right. We usually don't have this many people being a little dinner and all but today was packed.

"Hi sorry for the wait can I get you something to drink?" I said in a light voice.

"Hey you're the girl from the beach this morning!" The guy exclaimed

"Yeah and you must the creep who my friends said was watching me!" I mimicked

"Hey I'm not a creep!"

"Whatever what do you want to drink?" I huffed. I shouldn't be like this but it's seriously been a long day.

"So clearly it's not your day so I think we're just gonna go" the guy said before looking at his friend and leaving.

Now I feel bad for running off a customer. I set my notebook down and followed them out. "Hey wait!" I yelled making them stop and look at me "I'm sorry it's been pretty stressful lately and I shouldn't have taken it out on you." I took a breath. "Is there anyway I can make it up to you?"

"Let me prove to you that I'm not a creep." The guy replied.

"Are you sure that's what you want? Not like a free meal or something?" I chuckled

"Yeah I'm sure" he smiled

"Okay then hello. My name is Adilynn"

"Nate. Nate Maloley."