36

Today was the day of the first promo I would be at for the company and freaking the fuck out would be an understatement. I accepted this job thinking 'oh yeah this will be a cool experience' and now I realize 'oh yeah public speaking, that thing you suck at'. So yeah, I've been up since 5 am freaking out and I need to start getting ready. It was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and we had to be in the venue by 6 at the latest.

"Hey babe I'm gonna take a shower" I said kissing Swazz's cheek and standing up off the couch.

"Ooooo can I come?" He asked giddily

"Nahhhhh"

"Please baby? I won't try anything, I just wanna stand there with you" he pleaded

"I highly doubt that's all you want to do but if you try anything else I'll cut your balls off" I warned

"Goddamn violent today are we?" He laughed

"Stressed now let's go before I change my mind" I sighed

He jumped up and followed me to the bathroom. I made him wait until I was in before he got in because I was just mote comfortable that way. When he stepped in I was standing under the water and I felt him wrap his arms around my shoulders and rock slightly back and forth. It was really relaxing and calming which I appreciated.

"Don't worry about today. I'll be right beside you the whole time" he kissed the back of my head.

I turned around in his arms and wrapped mine around him. "Thank you" I kissed his chest, "I couldn't do this without you" I whispered.

"I know," he whispers, keeping the tone, "I'm pretty fucking amazing"

"You are" I kissed him deeply before continuing to finish my shower and letting John finish his before getting out.

I slipped into the outfit I had picked out before we even left and started fixing my hair. I slapped on some of my regular makeup and finished everything else.

"First of many" I smiled grabbing johns hand pulling him off the couch and we walked to the door.

"Jase texted me to meet in the lobby" I said stepping into the elevator.

We stepped out in the first floor and made our way to the desk by the entrance and waited for Jase.

-

Fast forward an hour or so and we were half way through the promo and I was yet to say a word. Currently we we're taking a break, yes like half time...this things like a freaking sport.

"Adilynn are you ready for part two?" Jase asked, "the focus is gonna be you" he whispered

"Wait what?!" I whipped my head around from where I was sitting on Johns lap.

"You're the only face of the company for the upcoming season. They're gonna want to know you." He laughed

"What are they going to ask?"

"Well-" he cut himself off nodding towards the director person, "I guess we'll find out" he laughed.

I kissed John on the cheek and stood up, "I'll be back, love you"

"I'll be here, love you to" he kissed me quick.

We walked back out to the short table on the stage/platform and took our seats. People with cameras and recorders filed back in and gathered around. The director opened up the questions and from there it went.

"When did you discover your passion for surfing?"

"What are your relationships and how have they been impacted since you joined GLOBE?"

"Why did you join GLOBE?"

and some harder ones,

"What do you think about your competition for the upcoming season?"

"Who do you think is going to be the most challenging competitor?"

"What about the front runner Rebeca Johnson? Any thoughts on her?"

"What are your plans for the holiday season? Family?"

"What does your family think about your contract?"

I fielded the questions rather well for how nervous I was at the beginning. I offered up some of my opinions and pushed my sponsors names as well as my own. The only parts that scared me slightly were when they asked about my competition and my family.

My competition because we hadn't talked about that yet, and my family because I hadn't told them yet. I wanted to surprise them so hopefully they react well.

Soon after, we were on our way back to the hotel and Jase was talking to Mr. Grey about the event and going over some stuff. I was laying across Swazz's lap and we were talking about his award show.

"Are you excited?" I asked him, playing with his hand.

"Of course! It's the Billboards, it's one of the biggest events of the year and we got an invite, it's awesome for all of us!" He smiled down at me

"Awe you're so cute when you're excited" I giggled.

"Hey are you excited?" He asked me

"Of course! I get to see you and the boys all dressed up on one of your biggest achievements to date!"

"Awe you're so cute when you're excited" he mocked

"Yeah yeah" I laughed and we got quiet as Jase hung up the phone and we got back to the hotel.