14

Adilynn's POV

It had been about a month and a half since the whole Ryan and Derek thing happened with John, and he is starting to get used to it which is good.

As for Ry and Derek, they made it official to the guys the other week. And they've been attached at the hip which I think is cute but John absolutely hates it.

I was sitting on the floor by the couch on my laptop looking at the same site I was the other day when John came and plopped on the couch behind me face first. Before rolling over to face my back. "Whatcha Lookin' at?" He asked looking over my shoulder.

"Houses" I shrugged

"Your leaving already?!" He asked shocked

"Not quite but I have to eventually and I don't think I can go back to my old house" I informed.

"Speaking of that you owe me a story time!" Nate yelled walking past us, reminding me that I was yet to fill him in on the situation.

"Do you wanna go talk now?" I asked him

"If you're feeling it then yeah sure lets go." He shrugged

I closed my laptop setting it in my spot when I stood up and we walked in to the balcony to talk.

--
I started at the beginning and told him pretty much everything, sparing him most of the gruesome details. It felt pretty good to just say it for once. I know I told the police but this was on my terms and it felt good to just say it.

"Wow," Nate took a deep breath when I finished "ad I'm really sorry that had to happen, you don't deserve that" he said giving me a hug.

"It felt good to tell someone, thanks for listening..."

"Wait you hadn't told anyone?"

"Not until the cops the other day.."

"Not even your friends?" He asked

"Friends? You mean the ones who haven't checked on me or even contacted me since that night? Nope"

"Wait they haven't even texted you?"

"Not one word" I sighed

"Some friends they are" he replied "but hey you have all of us now." He smiled pulling me into a side hug.

"Thank you Nate, for everything" I smiled.

"Hey I told you that you don't need to thank me" he smiled "besides you're a part of the family now, la familia" he nudged me

"Yes!" I laughed "but I don't know what I'm going to do about school." I sighed

"Who needs school?" Nate shrugged "you have the diner job and you were doing fine with that. If you ask me you should keep doing what you're doing and something will come along" he suggested as we walked in.

"Adilynn your phone won't stop ringing!" Derek yelled from the living room.

I ran and slid in the room grabbing it off the table.

"Hello this is Adilynn Greene" I said trying to cover the fact that I was out of breath

"Hello Adilynn my name is Christopher Carey with LAPD and I was asked to inform you that we have found who we believe to be the suspect in your case. Would it be possible for you to stop by the station to identify him at some point today?"

"Yes sir, I can be there in," I looked at Nate and he shrugged "20 minutes?" I said as a question

"Okay thank you, have a nice day"

"You to" I said hanging up. I ran upstairs to change into some jeans and get ready to go. I grabbed my keys and walked back down. I was glad we went by my place and got my car during the week. "Anybody wanna ride with me?" I asked grabbing my purse.

"I will!" John and Chad yelled.

"Alright then let's go" I said walking out. The boys fought over the front seat, Chad eventually wining. They got in and we left.

When we got to the station I made the boys stay in the car while I ran in. After showing ID I was greeted by officer Jameson who led me to the back room. Behind the two way mirror I could see him sitting there. He looked the exact same as he did when I left him. It was almost too much to see him sitting there. He had a smirk on his face but I could tell he knew he messed up. To think, I wouldn't have known it was him if he didn't mess with the letter.

"Is that him?" The officer asked

"Yes sir, that's Connor." I sighed

"Thank you for confirming it. He will be given a sentence and we will contact you when it's decided. Until then, you're free to go Miss. Greene." He smiled and led me out.

I walked to my car and got in the drivers seat. "How was it?" The boys asked but I didn't answer. I just let a few tears fall and many more followed. The boys both tried to comfort me and after a few minutes I stopped. I hadn't shown any emotion through most of the event and I think it all just built up.

I sat up straighter in my seat and started the car. "You good now" Chad asked

"Yep I'm good. What do you guys want for lunch?" I asked

"Oooooo will you cook?!" Swazzle-Dazzle asked

"Sure what do you want?"

"Chinese food?" Chad asked

"I can try" I chucked, "but we'll have to stop at the store"

"I don't know what we're going to do when you leave us." John teased

"Wait your leaving?!" Chad yelled as I parked

"Well I can go back to my place now but I don't want to so I've been looking at some other places" I shrugged

"Well good for you kiddo" Chad teased rubbing my head before getting out quickly to run to the store before I could catch him.

--

After the store we went home to see the boys smoking. Nothing new I laughed to myself. "I'm gonna go cook...it should only take about an hour" I said walking to the kitchen.

Once the food was ready I called the boys in and they all got some food as we sat down to eat.

The boys asked how it went and stuff like that and I gave them the basics.

"Do you guys wanna go out tonight" I asked out of no where

"Like what are you thinking?" Mac asked

"I don't know but I need a drink and a good time" I shrugged

"Well I know of a few parties happening tonight we could go to one?" Ry suggested

"A party it is" Swazz concluded as we dispersed to get ready.