10

I opened my phone and sent a quick text to Nate.

To: That one random creep 😉😏

Hey Nate something happened at the station and it's going to take longer than expected...I hope that's okay. So so sorry 😔

He replied back almost instantly

From: That one random creep😉😏

That's perfectly fine Ad. Don't worry about it at all, is everything okay? I can come down there if you need me to...

To: That one random creep 😉😏

Everything will be okay. You don't need to come down here, thank you though, it means a lot.

I pushed my phone into my pocket, entering the room the officer Jamenson had told me to go to when I was done on the phone. He was in the room with another lady who had a notepad and there was a recorder on the desk.

"Adilynn my name is detective Cheryl. Would it be okay with you if we record this for evidence?" She asked

"Yes ma'am" I nodded

"Okay, Mrs. Greene, you claim to know who did this, can you tell us who it is?" Officer Jamenson asked

"His name is Connor, Connor Morgan."

"And what is his relation to you?"

"We 'dated' about a year and a half ago. It didn't end well" I said putting air quotes around dated

"Why do you used quotations around 'dated'?"

"Dated is a very lose term for what happened with us. Everything in our relationship, if you can call it that, was forced." I hung my head, embarrassed by the memories.

"Mrs. Greene, by law we have to ask, what to you mean by everything was forced? Was there abuse involved of any type? Physical or Sexual?"

"Ummmmmm," I hesitated, was I really going to share all of this? I had never talked about it before. "Yes sir, both actually"

From there on, the words spilled out of my mouth dangerously fast. I explained how the relationship started. Who was involved and what happened on a regular basis.

I talked about all of it. I let out everything I had worked so hard for the last year to bury. I cried through most of it, remembering all of the pain that I endured during our six month relationship.
I had never told even my friends about this and now I had a chance to let it all out.

"Now why do you believe it was Mr. Morgan who committed the crime at your home?"

"I had always known that I wanted to go to school at the University of Los Angeles California and I had even branched out to talking about it with him. He told me that if I left him for a school, he would ruin my life, piece by piece. I never really took it to heart, seeing as he left a lot of empty promises in that relationship. I convinced myself that he was just messing with me. When I left, he didn't know. I left a note simply stating that our relationship wasn't healthy and that I was stopping it now. I packed up my things and shipped them out here to some friends who had moved out here before me. I applied to UCLA but didn't get accepted so I got a part time job until I could reapply. When I got the letter saying that I canceled my application, I knew his last promise wasn't an empty one."

"I'm very sorry Mrs. Greene. For everything. We have put Connor Morgan at the top of our list and we will begin searching for information right away. Until we find anything, we recommend that you stay away from any routine places. This includes your home, and your job at the dinner. We will contact the manager and let them know what is happening so that there won't be consequences for missing work. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to contact anybody here at the station" officer Jamenson stood up shaking my hand.

"Thank you so much for your help." I smiled as I walked out.

When I approached the lobby of the police station I saw balloons. When I came around the corner I saw the boys all standing there holding things. Nate had balloons, Derek had a stuffed bear, Chad had some flowers, Mac had some candy, and John was holding a Starbucks coffee. "Oh my god guys! What is al this?!" I asked hugging each one individually.

"Well you had been down here a while and you weren't answering your phone so I figured you were really busy with something about your house so we wanted to make you feel better" Nate shrugged.

"You guys seriously didn't have to do all this. Just you being here is enough." I said wiping some tears that had fallen

"She's had a rough day boys, take care of her" officer Jamenson said walking past us in the lobby.

Nate gave me an 'I told you so' look before promising they would.

"Coffee?" John asked walking next to me ask we exited the building.

"You know me so well" I smiled. "Seriously though, you guys didn't have to do this but I know what you're going to say so thank you guys so much for all of this"

I got in the car with Nate giving him the keys to drive. "So if you don't mind me asking, what was the letter?" He broke the silence

"Um it was from UCLA"

"Did you get in?!"

"Well you see, somebody pretended to be me and canceled my application" I sighed feeling the tears well in my eyes "I wanted that so bad and he took that away from me." I said letting the tears fall

"Who?" Nate asked

"I don't really want to talk about it again today. Can I tell you tomorrow?"

"Of course Adilynn, I'm always here for you." He rested his hand on my leg.