Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Theo wasn't an option, but the Doctors were. With the little amount of information she got from Gerard, she was fully ready to face them again, even though the thought terrified her beyond belief.

Her frustration was starting to get the best of her, and she was close to giving up. However, a mark on the wall caught her attention. It was a snake – a snake eating itself. Kind of morbid, but morbid and horrifying was what the Doctors did best.

She shakily stood up and reached for it but slipped. Her hand latched onto the closest thing to her, which just happened to be the ornament on the wall. The snake rotated from the pressure she put on it, and she turned it even more. The hidden door opened up and she pushed through it. The room was large and empty. No one was in it, but there were signs of people being in there before.

There was a mural on the wall of two creatures: the Beast and something else she didn't recognize. It was a sign. Something was sure to happen, and it was going to be huge. This wasn't something that was just going to disappear. If the two creatures did have the fight that they were destined to have, then it wasn't looking good for the human race.

"Oh my god," Addy mumbled out. Her finger tips trailed over the mural, some of the people that lied dead looked all to familiar. A feel of sorrow and complete loss of hope washed over her.

Sounds from behind made her jump. It was that stupid beeping and clicking. The Dread Doctors: just who she was looking for. Hastily, she pulled out the frequency toner she made Gerard give her. They were getting closer, and she couldn't get it out of her pocket. At the last second she got it out, and pressed the button.

They stopped in their spots. It was like they were trapped, all that matter was that she was safe. "I've been looking for you guys all day," she snarled, keeping the toner close. "What the hell did you do to me?"

They didn't answer. She moved along the wall until she was a safe distance so that she could quickly leave through the door in case of needing a quick getaway. She shakily gulped and looked at them. They were staring at her and it was making her extremely uncomfortable.

"What did you do?" she yelled. Once again, there was silence. "Answer me!"

Her anger was getting the best of her. She spent her whole day looking for them and they wouldn't even mutter out a word. They did talk. She had heard them before, but not much. Their clicking noises and hydraulics sounds continued.

"You did something to me that night; what was it!?" Addison shouted. Her shield appeared, and she slammed it into the nearest Doctor. It stumbled back a step, but did nothing in response. She took a deep breath and tried calming herself down, but she was angry. She noticed that it seemed harder to keep control of her powers when she was emotional, something else that they did to her.

"Tell me!"

"We made you stronger," they finally answered. The one in front tilted its head to the side, giving her a look. Addy started getting nervous. She looked at them and then at the toner. She couldn't hear anything so she wasn't sure if it was even still working, or if it ever worked. There was the chance that they actually didn't want to hurt her.

They were the ones that made her, and according to Theo, she was close enough to being a success that they wouldn't hurt her. Or they just liked her too much. "I don't want to be stronger. I want this to end!" Addison screamed. Her face had turned red, and tears began to well up in her eyes. "Why me? Why did you choose me? I'm not a chimera."

"You're strong," they clicked out. Their voices were so automated, she wasn't sure there was even a real person under those metal masks.

"I've never been strong! There's nothing special about me! I just want to be normal!" Tears threatened to fall down her cheeks. She was scared of them, and of herself. Everything bad that happened in her life had been because of her powers, she would never be able to live a normal life with them. "Why did you do this?"