Broken Puzzle Pieces

Start from the beginning

"Stop yelling at me!" Ivy belted.

"Fuck you!" Kaiya yelled.

"No fuck hers, she's good!" Mist hollered trying to deescalate the situation.

"No fuck her too!" Ivy screamed mowing right over that hope.

"Whose side are you on?" Kaiya bellowed at Mist.

"Fuck everyone!" I screamed disengaging myself from the toilet and wiping my mouth with a towel next to the sink. "You're giving me a headache. What me and Ike do is none of your concern. None of you guys! I can't give myself to him, if I don't trust him. I'd rather suffer." My eyes blazing with emotions landed on all of them as they all looked guilty and slowly coming down from their raging hazes.

"You'd make Ike suffer too?" Mist softly ask. Her tone wasn't hostile, just questioning.

Stubbornly, I lifted my chin. "He made his bed. He can sleep in it...alone." I added, feeling my words were weaker than I wanted to let on. "Now someone come help me up please."

Ivy and Mist both took an arm and helped me to my feet.

Kaiya walked forward wetted a towel, and handed it me. Gratefully I took it and washed off my face again for extra measure before I took my toothbrush and washed my mouth.

"I care Avril. You may not believe it." Kaiya spoke, her greenish-yellow eyes swirling with genuineness. "I would never pressure you to do something you don't want. It's just fucking sucks that we're in this situation and that I have to explain this all the while knowing you are questioning how sincere I am. I don't want to see you suffer anymore than you have to. But you do what you need to do. I'm sorry again." Kaiya bit her lip, looking down. Sighing loudly, she looked back up and step backwards giving me some room before she began to leading the way to the exit.

Tossing the towel into the trash and putting my toothbrush back, I followed her out with Mist and Ivy in tow. I never replied to Kaiya so the only sound that could be heard beside our footsteps was the muffled festive music from outside thrumming against the seemingly thin walls creating a delightful mixture of percussion and whistles that filtered through the air.

Kaiya opened the bedroom door and exited out with me following right behind her. The numbness that had been coursing through my legs like slow lapping waves of prickling sensory deficiency seemed to ease as I followed Kaiya out of the door.

The sudden collision with a warm wall alerted to me to the most likely reason why my sudden fatigue and nausea abruptly disappeared.

Like a subconscious flicker had been turned on, my arms instinctively wrapped around Ike and the rush of feeling that swallowed me up was damn near indescribable. The feeling was like drinking a nice cold cup of water in the blazing desert, like savoring that one sweet treat of decadence and indulgence on a cheat day, basically like whipping your bra off immediately after stepping inside your house after a long day.

His arms just began to circle around me when I got a hold of myself and ripped myself away from the soothing feeling of being in his arms. Stumbling backwards and bumping my back against the wall in a rush to get away from him, the girls and now the boys all looked at me in mixture of confusion and sadness.

My eyes connected to Ike's only to see pain quickly vanish from his eyes which was blue to the eye one second and purple to the eye the very next. Quickly, I took him in and couldn't help my frown. He looked worse than me. Skin damn near ashen and eyes looking weak and reddened, I suddenly had the urge to sweep Ike into my arms and make it all better. However, I stomped that idea out quick and stubbornly crossed my arms just in case my body did try to betray me again. Staring at him, I could practically feel my fingers tingling and aching to touch him.