Chapter 45 - Forget Everything

The next morning I woke up to my face hitting the floor. I grunted due to the pain that was exploding in my head from the contact it had just previously made to the ground and all the drinks I had last night wasn't helping either. I rubbed my head and sat up to see why I fell. I chuckled as I saw Beau snuggled next to Luke. He must have gotten into our bed at some point last night, and due to the fact that the bed is only a single explains why I am now on the floor. I decided to just leave them and wait and see Luke's reaction when he wakes up. He fell asleep with me, but will wake up with Beau. I giggled to myself again just imagining the scenario play out. After laughing to myself like a loser I finally pulled myself off the floor and went to get ready.

I put my clothes back on from yesterday and thankfully the dress had dried but unfrtunately there was a giant beer stain across the front. Not wanting to smell of beer and look like a complete mess I would rather have stayed in Luke's clothes but I couldn't walk in the house wearing boys clothing when I was supposed to be with Theresa. After slipping the dirty dress back on I realized I didn't have my heels and just as I was walking out of the bathroom to find them I heard a small shout. I shot my head up, taking a startled breath, to see Luke sitting up with an angry facial expression and Beau still lying down in a very confused state.

"Dude what the fuck?" Luke yelled and I was literally on the floor, clutching my stomach laughing.

"What?" Beau questioned completely fazed by the fact that he was in Luke's bed.

"I thought you were Kait. I almost kissed you!" Luke shouted and I started laughing harder. Beau just sat there. Both their faces were absolutely priceless.

"Can you get out of my bed now?" Luke asked getting even more annoyed as the seconds ticked by.

"Your bed? You're in my bed!" Beau finally fought back.

We all just sat there for a good 5 seconds as Beau looked around the room and eventually realized that he was wrong.

"Okay now that you two are done fighting can you get ready?" I asked, braking up the fight, still giggling a little.

"Ugh what's with all the yelling?" Jai whined now starting to wake up.

"Luke almost kissed Beau," I stated as I continued to look around the floor for my shoes.

"Hot," was all that Jai could muster out before turning over and falling back asleep.

"Alright then... meet me in the house when you're ready and I'll have coffee and Advil waiting for you," I said just as I spoted my heels and slipped them on.

Multiple 'thank yous' and 'I love yous' were muttered out just before I left the room and contiued until I was out of hearing range.

-------

"Luke! You ready to go?" I shouted from the drivers seat of his truck. We were just about to leave and head over to Briar Creek for the race.

"Yeah yeah I'm ready!" He yelled back as he jogged out of the barn with his camera bag thrown over his shoulder. He brings that thing everywhere. 

"Hey, how come you're driving? It's my car," he questioned as he sat down in the passenger seat and did his seatbelt up.

"If you got out here sooner then maybe you would be driving," I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"I had to get my camera bag," he fought back.

"I swear you better not take any pictures of me or-"

"Or what?" He cut me off and I turned my head to look at him quickly to be met with a smirk on his face.

"You don't want to know..." This was all I could think of as my response and I mentally cursed at myself.