Chapter 21 - Sweet Sweet Victory

It's been four day of the boys being gone and I can easily say the farm is a lot more boring without them. I rolled over in my bed and shut off my screeching alarm that is informing me that it is now 6:00 am. Time to get ready for the horse show today. I pulled myself out of bed and went straight for the shower. When I got out of the shower I dried my self, my hair, and pulled it back into a French braid. I threw my pyjamas back on, not really want to sit in my tight riding pants for two and a half hours. After getting everything packed up and organized we finally got in the car an left. Just as we exited our town I pulled out my phone to plug in my music and found two text messages from Luke and a text from Jai. I opened Luke's first.

        Luke <3: Hey!! Good morning babe! How's it going?

        Luke <3: I spoke to Jai and he said he wasn't thinking straight. He wants to apologize.... Will you please talk to him.

        Kait: Everything is good so far, just on my way to the show. I'll think about talking to Jai, not now though.

        I then opened Jai's message and it read:

        Jai My Best Friend: Kait I'm really sorry! I was being stupid, and wasn't thinking it all through. Please text me back!

        I didn't even bother responding, at least not now. It's a bunch of bullshit anyway, he very well knew my feelings for Luke. The rest of the car ride I had slept and when I woke up we were parked and surrounded by many many horse trailers. I got dressed into my jumping clothes to give me some time to wake up. I hopped out of the car and took Pouka out of the trailer. I sat there in the back of the car not wanting to get out because I was so nervous for dressage and if Jewels would actually pull through. I wish Luke was here with me. I had brought along three horses, one for each of my events. Pouka for jumping, Jewels for dressage, and Kali for cross country.

        Once I was finally able to her my shit together and breathe everything seemed easier. The day went buy quickly and I was honestly doing better than expected considered this isn't some small town show, this was the real deal. There had to be at least four hundred competitors. In jumping some girl beat me by one second, and in cross country we came out on top with the fastest time and no refusals. Honestly today was my day, and there was now way I was about to give up. It is about 2:30 pm and I am up next for dressage. Since this was a bigger competition, I never actually saw Chelsea which honestly made things ten times easier and less stressful. The girl before me had finished and was heading out of the ring. 

        "Next up is Kaitlyn Rivers riding, 'Jewels Thief.' " The speakers blasted. That was my que to enter and so I did.

        I heard whispers throughout the crowd, "what a beautiful horse." Even though Jewels had put on some weight she was still so gorgeous. We began and both Jewels and I know this routine like the back of our hand or I guess her hoof.  We did some side yields, crossovers, high knees. She was prancing through ever step with ease, it was go big or go home. Nothing in our routine was simple and it showed. We got claps, whistles, and wooing form the audience, and even the judges look pleased. I came down the centre of the ring and stopped in the middle facing the judges. I then did the bow with a smile, signalling that our routine was finished. The audience cheered and I could not stop smiling.

        It was 5:00 pm when everyone had finally finished and the ribbons would be handed out. It went on forever until they finally reached overall winners.

        "Fifth place goes to Josh Sanders," the man said into the microphone while handing the boy a pink ribbon.

        "Fourth places goes to Elizabeth Daniels." People cheered.

        "Third place goes to Chelsea Jones." The man says handing her a ribbon.
Ha she didn't win I spoke in my head.

        Last two, I was so nervous that I'm pretty sure my nails are now non existent.

        "Second place goes to Rebecca Roberts," There were louder screams, that was the girl that beat me by one second in jumping. Does that mean I win nothing, because she did beat me in an event?

        "Ladies and gentleman, what you have been waiting for, first place in the Freestyle Hudson Horse show goesss tooooo...... Kaitlyn Rivers," the audience was louder then ever and I couldn't contain my excitement. Could this really be happening. I received my red ribbon and glanced in Chelsea's direction, her face was so red with anger that I couldn't help but laugh.

        "I think this calls for a celebratory dinner!" My mom yelled while hugging me.

        "I'd say.... And it's on me," I smiled. I had also ended up receiving a medium sized trophy and the prize money which was $200. "I'll meet you at the car, I just need to call Luke to tell him the news," I called out before dialling his number. The phone only rang once or twice before he picked up. 

        "Luke guess what!" I screamed through the phone.

        "What is it, what's wrong?" He ask, confused.

        "Nothing is wrong, I just came in first place overall!" I said still in a scream.

        "Oh my God Kait that's great, I'm so proud of you!" He cheered just as excited.

        "We'll I got to go, I'll Skype you when I get home okay," I smiled as I spoke.

        "Alright have fun, and don't forget about me later," he said in return.

        "I would never, and you have fun too," I giggled.

        "Okay bye," he chuckled.

        "Bye," I hung up the phone and skipped towards the car.