Chapter 30 - Sneaky

It's Thursday afternoon and Theresa should be arriving at any time now. The boys are going to film another DareSunday, but unfortunately James couldn't make it so they asked Theresa and I to fill in.

        After just getting out of the shower and drying off, I made my way over to my closet. I selected a pair of high waist black shorts that had a row of studs around the pockets, an army patterned crop top, and my studded boots. Not wanting to do my hair and not knowing what I might be encountering in this video today, I decided to just throw it up into a messy bun. For make up I did the usual eyeliner and mascara along with brushing my teeth right afterwards.

        Just as I emerged from my room, Theresa walked in the door and made herself at home. The normal friend would knock on your door and be invited in, but not Theresa she always let herself in.

        "Do you have any grapes?" She asked, as she rummaged through the fridge.

        "Yeah, bottom left drawer I believe," I replied, as I grabbed a glass of water.

        "Ohh, got them," she did a mini cheer and we made our way outside with grapes in hand.

        "What are we doing in the video?" She asked, as I grabbed a handful of grapes that she was trying to keep away from me.

        ''No clue," I responded, stuffing them in my mouth.

        We entered the paddock and decided to stay quiet and take a peek at what we were in store for today, hopefully to find a way to one up the boys. There, sat on the ground were a pile of mouse traps, there had to be at least twelve.

        "What did I get myself into?" Theresa worryingly spoke, as she continued to chomp on more grapes.

        "Stop eating or you will get us caught," I  whispered and she shrugged innocently.

        "What are we going to do about the challenge? We can't win this," she asked in an attempt of a whisper.  

        "Don't worry I have an idea. Follow me," I waved her in my direction with a devilish look. We walked into the side door of the barn which led to the supply room. I searched through all the medicine and ointment and finally found what I was looking for. "Here it is," I smirked.

        "What is it?" She asked, confused.

        "Numbing cream. My grandpa would use it on the horses if he ever had to do an emergency operation," I explained.

        "Oh my god, Kait, you're a genius," she smiled, while grabbing the bottle out of my hands and giving it a squirt onto hers. I did the same and in the matter of seconds we couldn't feel a thing. It felt so weird and a little unpleasant, but we would defiantly win the challenge without going through the pain.

        It was hard for us to stop laughing at how weird it felt to have zero feeling in your hands, but quickly pulled ourselves together. We walked back out to the paddock like we had done nothing and greeted the boys.

        "You ready?" Beau asked.

        "Ready as we will ever be," Theresa responded, while walking over to give Skip hug.

        "I don't think the girls should do this challenge," Luke said hesitantly.

        "Oh, stop being such a baby, and do your stupid intro so we can get started," Theresa rolled her eyes, while Skip laughed.

        ''Well shit, sorry your highness. Just trying to watch out for you,'' he laughed, a little surprised at her sass.

        "We will be fine," I smiled, and went to stand beside him for the intro. The boys did exactly what Theresa ordered and put together the teams. Beau and Jai, Skip and Luke, and Theresa and I. The objective of the challenge was to put your finger in as many traps as you can without making any facial expressions.

        Beau went first and squealed like a little girl. He doesn't tolerate pain well, or food, or anything for a matter of fact. I don't know why he goes through with all these challenges. Beau was always the first out and he kept that going today by screaming when the trap caught his finger. Next was Skip and he got through it by holding his breath, and it worked. I was up next and getting ready to put the trap on my finger when Luke stopped me. 

        "You don't have to do this if you don't want to," he spoke.

        "Awe, is this Janoskian going all soft?" I giggled and pinched his cheek.

        "N-no, not me," he said shocked and chuckled.

        I then grabbed the trap and stuck it on my right hand as it slammed closed. I stood there with a blank expression while I checked my nails on my left hand.

        "What the fuck?" Jai cursed in shock and I tried to keep myself from laughing. 

        See, Theresa and I both know that we've pulled one over on the boys and we find it hilarious, so trying not to laugh right now was difficult.

        "Alright moving on," I spoke, breaking eye contact with Theresa.

        Next up was Luke and he winced a bit, but other then that he had no emotion. Jai squealed right away and then his finger started to bleed, so he was out. Theresa was last and she had the same result as I did, leaving the boys shocked. It was now down to team Luke and Skip, and team Kait and Theresa.

        After about three more traps where placed on our fingers the boys where out, they were no match for our little trick. The punishment that we gave them was to jump into the mountain of manure and surprisingly they happily did.

        "Kait give me hug, or better yet, a kiss," Luke came towards me with arms open.

        "No fucking way! Luke get away from me," I giggled and began to quickly back away.

        "Theresa I want a hug!" Daniel yelled and began to chase her. Both of us screamed and ran to the house for cover before they could reach us.

        Once we were settled in the house the boys gave up and headed to the loft to clean up.

 —————

        Both Theresa and Daniel ended up sleeping over but my mom never aloud us to stay in the loft tonight, so here we sat in my room bored out of our minds. It was only 10:30 pm and everyone in the house were asleep except us. We both sat on either side of my bed flipping through an old yearbook for the millionth time when my phone buzzed.

        Luke <3: Come out to the loft and sleep here tonight.

        Kait: We can't. My mom would kill me if she found out.

        Luke <3: Sneak out. We will make sure she doesn't find out.

        From there Theresa and I quietly climbed out the window and ran to the loft.